Beta 21 Release Topic

Started by arch129, May 28, 2010, 10:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E1M4 and E1M7 isn't a midi, even though E1M7 really sounds like it. If E1M7 was originally a midi, I don't have it, it's somebody's remix of a song from Mega Man X3.

you can do Entry>save as in XWE to get it, just rename the .lmp file
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

arch129

Quote from: 75 on June 06, 2010, 04:08:20 PM
E1M4 and E1M7 isn't a midi, even though E1M7 really sounds like it. If E1M7 was originally a midi, I don't have it, it's somebody's remix of a song from Mega Man X3.

you can do Entry>save as in XWE to get it, just rename the .lmp file

Nah I mean the new E1M4 you where talking about.

I was going to suggest D_COUNT from Slimeinator's IWAD

I don't have any other map-specific recommendations, but I think you'll like these

http://www.mediafire.com/?fd2zzntndyi

D_DMSEC is from Skulltag, D_FTMUS is from Alpha-Delta invasion, and STAIRS is from ROTT.

I'll let you know if I find anything else =)

EDIT

What do you think of the pinball fantasies remix on this website?

http://byproduct.koshiyoka.com/

It sounds a bit like D_E1M5, and it's a good song, so I thought I'd run it by you, but then again, it's kind of outer-spacey.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

arch129

The E1M6 recommendation was from my inspiration. I heard this song and thought it could make a great sewer level song. I'm making a level for it as we speak  :)

Is it ok if I use your sewer door textures?

arch129

Quote from: 75 on June 06, 2010, 06:11:11 PM
Is it ok if I use your sewer door textures?

Sure, go ahead!  ;D

The Green Avenger

Re: Is E1M7 possible.

Yes, I got through it without dying after about fifty tries on Extreme Ooze (my difficulty of choice).  The best advice I can give you is, use the Large Zorcher and variants during the first few waves, then switch to the LAZ about the time that the Minunus(sp?) start showing up.  Shoot them with the LAZ, preferably around the middle of the elevator (BTW, all this time you are running like crazy using every evasive maneuver known to man, never in a straight line, it doesn't work.  Trust me.)

If you run out of LAZ, the Propulsor works OK, but you need several direct hits to get rid of Maximi.  it's best to just clear your immediate area at this point, and run to the exit as soon as it appears, using the door as a bottleneck to eviscerate the rest of them (You might want to pick up the SuperCharge in the area first.)

Ammo, ammo, ammo...

The final boss is a fun one.  A direct hit with any of those things will kill you, and will likely result in a Gib scream after fifteen more add insult to injury.  Backpedal while strafing one way, switch directions, try to avoid hitting the pillars scattered around the room, while still firing rockets with high accuracy every time the option is available.  At some point after the first five seconds of backpedaling, you should see a definite opening in the projectiles, at least if you switched directions right.  Hope you learned a lesson from Touhou, because we're running through that gap.  Keep firing, point blank if you happen to have the opportunity in our crazy kamikaze attack, and repeat, forever hoping that the pillars will stay away.

The end.

That's at least how I did it.  Another good idea is to save after every successful wave on the elevator, likewise on every successful pattern vs the Final Boss (one!one).  Don't ask me how, just do it.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

arch129

With the final boss I use the pillars to get rid of the bullets by hiding behind them.

The Green Avenger

Final boos, we have a Mario cameo. :D

Seriously, though, they always seemed to find some way around the pillars.  One way or another, one mistake is it.  You can get hit with the splash damage w/o dying, but that's it.

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

arch129

Quote from: The Green Avenger on June 06, 2010, 11:33:34 PM
Seriously, though, they always seemed to find some way around the pillars.  One way or another, one mistake is it.  You can get hit with the splash damage w/o dying, but that's it.

Try using the stairs, lead the bullets to it, climb up, then be on the other side of pillars.

The Green Avenger

Well, I just discovered that the reason that I couldn't play with OpenGL was because it hadn't been installed.  Go figure.  Going back thru now that I can do it right.

noob1234

imo the e1m6 music is fitting, and i like it the way it is. lends a creepy feel to the level.