Author Topic: Just Playing With Friends?  (Read 2477 times)

Offline lavacano201014

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Just Playing With Friends?
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:38:31 AM »
I want to play Chex Quest online with some friends through like Hamachi or something. Preferably campaign.

I came across this topic but it seems to be mostly geared towards going to the main server.

I know we won't be needing your Mumble server (we have a TeamSpeak), but how much of the rest of that do we actually need to do? If it matters, I have a Chex Quest 3 setup with ZDoom on my computer. And what do we do from there? Can we just type "connect hamachi.ip.here" into the console once we have all the WADs, etc installed? And can I just ZIP up a multiplayer setup on my end and just give that pre-packaged to people?

Also - nice site.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Just Playing With Friends?
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:38:31 AM »

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
Re: Just Playing With Friends?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Hi, and thanks!

Hmm, I have no experience with Hamachi, but I would recommend downloading Skulltag and then getting the proper WADs. You can make a .zip with all the stuff you want to play, that's fine, as long as the people on the other end unzip it. (trust me, I've dealt with people who don't unzip the .zip files...><)

As for playing together, you could always use Doomseeker (included with Skulltag) to create your own password-protected server and play on that. That's pretty simple as well.

Good luck! :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline lavacano201014

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »
Hmm, I have no experience with Hamachi, [...] As for playing together, you could always use Doomseeker (included with Skulltag) to create your own password-protected server and play on that. That's pretty simple as well.

If you know a way to tell ChexQuest with this setup to connect to a specific IP, that's all we really need for Hamachi. But yeah, a Doomseeker server would probably work just fine.

(trust me, I've dealt with people who don't unzip the .zip files...><)

lol, 99% of us are smarter than THAT. For that 1% I can probably just make an NSIS for them or something.

Offline rexxor

• Interesting.
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 89
  • -Receive: 18
  • I do stuff.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »
Hi there You may find something useful in this topic.
http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=2166.0

Offline ChexMaster2109

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
if your doing lan, then you can just use the zdoom engine/the engine that comes with chex quest. Theres some specific console commands.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting