Are scans of the cereal box needed? *7/8/2010 Scans posted!*

Started by Aroenai, July 06, 2010, 06:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroenai

Hey guys, I just realized I have a complete cutout of the back panel of the cereal box down in my basement, does anyone have a scan of these yet?
Edit: Added  ;D
Edit 2: Argh sneeky HP software, it autocorrected them anyway, fixed.

chexquest_scans.7z (23.74 MB)

-200 dpi
-color correction / sharpening turned off, like any archival scan should be C:-)
-png format

xbolt

ASDFBURGER

As far as I know, we do not. If you could upload that, that would be awesome beyond belief.

Aroenai

wow that was fast lol, I'll try and find it tomorrow, my sister is asleep right now and I don't want to wake her up looking for it. Last time I saw it, it was in a folder labeled chex quest inside a file cabinet so hopefully it won't be too hard to find  ;D

Richie

Manny Cav would be really excited to hear this!  He's been looking for scans of the box for a while now, I believe.

ChexCommander

Oh, snap! The original box? Those scans would be greatly appreciated.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Aroenai

good news, great news, and bad news.

I found the folder with the box back panel! Bad news, my scanner is too small and it won't fit on one scan and there is a flaw on the chex warrior. Good news, I have a cutout from another box with the chex warrior that doesn't have a flaw on it.

Fantastic news?

I also have a cutout of the banner from the front of the box.

I'll be scanning these later today, I think I might just include all the scans and have someone else here piece them together if that's alright?

LAZ Trooper

Upload what you've got. Whatever it is, we'll gladly take it!
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

mob720

Now that, sir, is something none of us have. Please upload it!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Aroenai

Sorry folks, stuff came up and I wasn't able to scan them yet, I'll post them as soon as I'm able, for now here's a pic from my camera. I'm not sure what the cut-outs of the disc were from, maybe the top panel or the sides?

edit: image moved to first post

other random stuff:
I know I had print outs from chexquest.com but they've since disappeared, I don't think they were ever trashed though. I'm pretty sure we printed off the chex recipes page that's missing from the recreated website.
There's two scenes I remember from the Chex Quest 2 flash video, the one where the guy picks up the banana peel and I seem to remember him being attacked by a flemoid larva after he peeked into the sewer or something, and the second one was where the chex warrior is asleep and he gets a call about the flemoid attack, I remember thinking that it was weird seeing him in boxers and a tank top (I could be totally mistaken, but he was holding a phone with his back to the camera in the shot).

xbolt

The previous post contains a large spread of Awesomesauce.

And does the 1 LB 1.5 OZ include the CD? :3

Aroenai

HUZZAH! We had another scanner that was big enough to scan the whole thing. I'm still kicking my 9 year old self for cutting the darn thing up in the first place, oh well better than nothing. We got both the rice and corn chex boxes at the time, I'm not sure which one this is.

chexquest_scans.7z (23.74 MB)

-200 dpi
-color correction / sharpening turned off, like any archival scan should be C:-)
-png format

Edit: Argh sneeky HP software, autocorrected no more!

xbolt

Wootcakes. :whale

Now, to the History thread! And an upload to the Gallery.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Aroenai on July 08, 2010, 03:21:36 AM
Sorry folks, stuff came up and I wasn't able to scan them yet, I'll post them as soon as I'm able, for now here's a pic from my camera. I'm not sure what the cut-outs of the disc were from, maybe the top panel or the sides?

edit: image moved to first post

other random stuff:
I know I had print outs from chexquest.com but they've since disappeared, I don't think they were ever trashed though. I'm pretty sure we printed off the chex recipes page that's missing from the recreated website.
There's two scenes I remember from the Chex Quest 2 flash video, the one where the guy picks up the banana peel and I seem to remember him being attacked by a flemoid larva after he peeked into the sewer or something, and the second one was where the chex warrior is asleep and he gets a call about the flemoid attack, I remember thinking that it was weird seeing him in boxers and a tank top (I could be totally mistaken, but he was holding a phone with his back to the camera in the shot).

Yes yes yes! You, my good sir, are awesome and have won the thread.

These scans are sheer win. Are those little circular things in the shape of CQ CDs just like little cutout badges or something? Man, I've never seen the actual cereal box before, as far as I remember. 

And the CQ 2 video, you saw it?! Dang, I wish there was a place to find it, that's definitely another piece of the CQ legacy that's been lost to time.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

I remember the box, I think I was even at the store with my mom that day and got chex just because of the game.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

I do not remember much since I was little when we got the game, but I remember playing it with a Trackball mouse when I was like 4 or 5. I played this game all the time until my ex-step-dad deleted it from the computer because of a virus on the computer and when I lended the Disc to a friend and never got it back.

But I remember playing in the Storage Facility for hours on Super Slimey, going behind the teleporters in the Yellow Door sector and getting all the flemoids in the one large storage area, and zorching them. I also remember jumping a lot whenever a Cycloptis came up behind me and attempted to slime me.