Are scans of the cereal box needed? *7/8/2010 Scans posted!*

Started by Aroenai, July 06, 2010, 06:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on August 05, 2010, 08:20:54 PM
Dudes, I am almost a hundred percent sure those are artwork/hand drawn.

Same.  There is just something about them.  They look like concept art.  I wonder if Chukker knows.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Richie on August 05, 2010, 08:50:45 PM

Same.  There is just something about them.  They look like concept art.  I wonder if Chukker knows.

Hmm, I know I've seen that HUD somewhere before though! I recall it many years ago, maybe it was on the actual CQ CD in one of the menus with a screenshot...I always wondered how I could get those zorcher ammo counts on my screen like that.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Aroenai

I'm fairly certain they're not, its more likely that they look strange from being printed on cardboard with machines designed more for speed and mass production than printing accuracy. Look at a page printed from an inkjet printer with a magnifying glass, the lines won't be perfectly straight, also keep in mind that these images are very small (somewhere around an inch to maybe an inch and a half).

Replica

Not to mention the colors in the picture are exactly the same as in the pallet. I really doubt they would be able to replicate it so accurately.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Yeah, weren't the flemoids going to be yellow in the drawings, but they had to make them green just to fit into the palette?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

Yeah, I think Chukker said they were originally going to be yellow, but had to change to green. And unless someone is an extremely good drawer, those are not hand-drawn. Some info on those shots would be nice though.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Replica

Those where concept art. It would make no sense to change it during production, and then place them in advertising for final product.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

celebi23

Quote from: Aroenai on July 06, 2010, 06:11:46 AM
Hey guys, I just realized I have a complete cutout of the back panel of the cereal box down in my basement, does anyone have a scan of these yet?
Edit: Added  ;D
Edit 2: Argh sneeky HP software, it autocorrected them anyway, fixed.

chexquest_scans.7z (23.74 MB)

-200 dpi
-color correction / sharpening turned off, like any archival scan should be C:-)
-png format

Amazing!  Thank you for the scans!  ;D

brain candy

Debateably belated, but dooood, thank you! This brings back some memories.  ;D