Previous topic - Next topic

making classes is really quite easy.

make sure you use KEYCONF, though.

In KEYCONF
clearplayerclasses

addplayerclass Class1
addplayerclass Class2
... [for all your classes]

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm.. the camera textures don't appear animated in multiplayer  :-\

that's odd, they work fine in the lounge... hmm
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on August 11, 2010, 03:45:58 PM
I didn't know you had to make a different class for every skin, but it's certainly doable. Probably the best way to go, considering I have so many damagetypes.  ;)

Actually, I don't think you do, but it's less confusing that way. ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Lucius

Quote from: 75 on August 08, 2010, 02:08:19 PM
Brightmaps is a really good idea, I was thinking of that. So far, I'm not sure how to work it, but I'll look at it when I have time

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure that they work in software but I would think they should. I used to achieve a similar effect by breaking a lighting fixture into two separate things and defining one as fullbright, and placing one over the other in the map editor. Not really the best way to do things but boingo did this when we were still limited to Doom Legacy.

hey lucius, I've got a server going if you're interested (if you missed the shoutbox)

MajorSlime

So, i've been working on some maps, and want to share an invasion one. No pics however.

It is a small room that completely changes its appearance every 3 waves. Completely. From standard chex building stuff to flemoid section to virtual reality breakdown. Cool, huh? And yes, the geography (heights) change too. In fact, during the waves.

So, thats it. I just had to share this awesome map.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on August 16, 2010, 03:49:07 AM
So, i've been working on some maps, and want to share an invasion one. No pics however.

It is a small room that completely changes its appearance every 3 waves. Completely. From standard chex building stuff to flemoid section to virtual reality breakdown. Cool, huh? And yes, the geography (heights) change too. In fact, during the waves.

So, thats it. I just had to share this awesome map.

Sounds pretty awesome! I haven't really made any progress on my invasion map lately... So after I finish my latest one, I will work on the invasion map.

Mine basically takes place at a spaceport and you need to fight your way to a large transport ship (Which uses 3d floors), and after getting onto the ship you go to Bazoik where the 2nd half of the invasion will occur.

QuadrumpusGuy

Summary of the maps I am doing so far and the progress on them:

Invasion Maps

(Unnamed map) - Start in at a Landing zone and move inside to the space port and get into a ship made with 3d floors and you go to bazoik where you fight the flemoids - similar to Space Adventure, but different in many ways - Progress: Been working on the ship - haven't really made any more progress at the moment.

Central Command Invasion - E3M1 with Invasion and some modifications, such as a 4th floor, etc. - Progress: Going good, though I just started. Only about finished with the first wave so far.

DM/ST/CTF Maps

Crate Fortresses - Two teams with two bases composed of crates in a storage facility. - Progress: Finished Map Structure, but needs some more detail. 75's Crate Textures will be used there.

Chex Space Station - Duke it out on a space station that revolves around Ralston. - Progress: Almost Finished. Some detail/texture fixes are needed, but the map is good.

Unnamed map - This is going to be a small Skulltag/CTF/DM map. Takes place in a Paintball Arena Like area, but with crates. Little progress made besides a basic structure of the map.

That's all for now.

MajorSlime

Dang. I was working on similar but smaller scale crate CTF.  :D

oh well, maybe I can convert it to Deathmatch...

keep up the great work!

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on August 24, 2010, 07:06:18 PM
Dang. I was working on similar but smaller scale crate CTF.  :D

oh well, maybe I can convert it to Deathmatch...

keep up the great work!

The one I made, for each side, is two mini bases, two outposts, two security rooms, and a Main Base. High Jump rune is very common in the level. There is also a stoner ninja hallway in each section.

Mine is for practically any mode. I need to do a bit of scripting though.

Could I see the one you were working on? Perhaps maybe meshing some elements together from both?

MajorSlime

Oh, its just a small room with crates with flags on both ends, and a side cold storage room for single flag CTF. nothin' special about it.

QuadrumpusGuy

Okay, lots of progress made on Central Command Invasion. Almost have all the waves completed. Still need to make a "Mega Quadrumpus"

I'm thinking the end of the level will be similar to MAP32 from Doom II. I don't know If I will need help or not on positioning projectiles launched. It will be somewhat based off of 75's Decadrumpus Attack Combo, but much deadlier.

4th Floor has been created though and it looks nice.

Also, will we be using the Chex Quest 3 DMXGUSC + GENMIDI Files or Doom 2's (I think DMXGUSC is the only one that makes a difference)? Personally I'd go with Doom 2's.

I was just going to use the Chex3 ones. I didn't know there was a difference, actually  :-\

How does D_E3M1 sound in doom's synths?

QuadrumpusGuy

Actually, there is a difference.

Listen to D_E2M1 With Doom 2's DMXGUSC lump. Then listen to it with Chex3's.

Then, listen to Grosse's music in Chex3's DMXGUSC lump then with Doom 2's.

There is a difference. Also that E2M4 remix sounds different at one part with Chex Quest 3's DMXGUSC.

I don't know what would resolve this. Or what would happen if both were placed into the same wad... hmm...