Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 114909 times)

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1290 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
Total Miner looked really cool a few years ago. I remember it implemented Earthquakes and Cave-ins and such. You could also drop a rope down a hole for spelunking. Some real neat features.

I'm not too into Minecraft nowadays though. It's a little too free form for me; I need a story to keep me interested. Otherwise I have no clear goals or reason to really do anything in the game.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #1290 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »

Offline MajorSlime

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #1291 on: September 22, 2014, 02:57:33 AM »
Total Miner was definitely interesting. At first, it seemed too much like a rip-off of Minecraft, so I really hated it, but it eventually started to gain its own unique features (like the ones you talked about) and others. Sadly, water and mob physics was always sub-par.

As for Minecraft, I've been big into roleplay servers and the Hardcore Questing Mod. The latter allows you to actually create a series of quests (and rewards) in a world for you or other players to follow. Its generally used in adventure maps, but I plan on using it on a public server to have various dungeons and side quests scattered all over the world as bonus stuff for the players to do.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 31
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #1292 on: September 23, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
Heh, I just realized that if someone worked for years, they could create an MC doom mod with EVERY doom level converted.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline MajorSlime

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #1293 on: September 23, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
That would only take days. Doom levels are simple.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 31
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #1294 on: September 23, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
No, because DooM levels are way less simple than chex quest levels, and it took wiweeyum a year to make the CQ MC mod.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline MajorSlime

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #1295 on: September 23, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
*complex, not simple, and that's not with any real effort into it. If I wanted, each level could take about 3-4 hours, and the Texture Pack perhaps a day. I however don't (as I suspect wiweeyum didn't) have the time or patience to do so.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 67
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #1296 on: October 30, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »
In case it hasn't been posted before.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqELqRCnW6g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqELqRCnW6g</a>

Offline MajorSlime

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #1297 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
Goodness, why. There are so many better songs to pick from.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #1298 on: October 30, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »
Like ... ?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcuWKpyUGHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcuWKpyUGHo</a>
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:57:28 AM by Boingo the Clown »

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #1299 on: December 18, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »
Great news!

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft updated today, and this is the update I have been waiting for for a seriously long time.

There has been a huge number of blocks and features from the PC version of Minecraft that has been missing from the Xbox 360 version.

As of this morning, most, perhaps all, have now been added.  For example, I was thrilled today to be able craft coal into coal blocks, something I wasn't able to do in the 360 version before, and was able to reduce three double chests full of coal down to just 17 stacks of coal blocks.

Converting the absurdly large amount of redstone I have to redstone blocks is next!

From the ingame message:
Welcome back! You my not have noticed but your Minecraft has just been updated.
There are lots of new features for you and your friends to play with so here's just a few highlights. Have a read and then go and have fun!

New Items - Hardened Clay, Stained Clay, Block of Coal, Hay Bale, Activator Rail, Block of Redstone, Daylight Sensor, Dropper, Hopper, Minecart with Hopper, Minecart with TNT, Redstone Comparator, Weighted Pressure Plate, Beacon, Trapped Chest, Firework Rocket, Firework Star, Nether Star, Lead, Horse Armor, Name Tag, Horse Spawn Egg

New Mobs - Whither, Wither Skeletons, Witches, Bats, Horses, Donkeys and Mules

New Features - Tame and ride a horse, craft fireworks and put on a show, name animals and monsters with a Name Tag, create more advanced Redstone circuits, and Host Options to help control what guests to your world can do!

New Tutorial World - Learn how to use the old and new features in the Tutorila World. See if you can find all the secret Music Discs hidden in the world!

I had been frustrated by the lack of many of these features, and now they are finally here!

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #1300 on: February 08, 2015, 03:46:10 PM »
The most funniest and scariest minecraft video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHldHoGTg0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHldHoGTg0</a>

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting