Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 114906 times)

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
I haven't used red dust that much, and I have too much of it. I'm just not sure what I can make out of it.

That's because you need mad Super Mario 64 skillz. ;)

I've beat Super Mario 64 a couple times..... The problem is sneaking to the edge of a path to place a block on top to ensure I don't fall in... it does the opposite apparently.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 07:18:27 PM »
I haven't used red dust that much, and I have too much of it. I'm just not sure what I can make out of it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgkjRFtLoU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgkjRFtLoU</a>

or

Redstone FAQ and General Tutorial

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgkjRFtLoU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgkjRFtLoU</a>

or

Redstone FAQ and General Tutorial

Thanks Arch! I've watch a video on doors and stuff, but some of the given (Like TNT) are really helpful. I'll try some of them.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
when I had some TNT, I tried to make a cannon, but my timing was of so it ended up just being a fancy firework. >>

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 10:52:15 PM »
lol I haven't tried anything like that; just switching tracks on a mine cart...

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »
I bought minecraft! EPIC! Free weekend is what sold me on it.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
I bought minecraft! EPIC! Free weekend is what sold me on it.

Good! Have fun!

Guys, I've dug my way into a literal cavern which I call Valhalla. XD

I found this hidden cavern, which contained two spiders, three zombies, and a skeleton. After that I made a small base, and went down the skinny corridor. In there, I found Valhalla! There was over 15 enemies in this semi-main room area. So, after my surprise slow frame rate, I died. Later on, I came back to take the place, only to realize that there was four more corridors branching off. Suddenly an endless swarm of about 25 or so slowly walked toward my location from the said four paths. I engaged them, and then built four walls to block them off. I began to invade one side. There where skeletons down the path. I had to continuous fire arrows just to move on. Suddenly the cavern began to move up, and it ended with two skeletons. I surprised attacked with my bow, thus keeping me alive. There was a peak whole at the end, where I could see a creeper and a zombie, so I used a TNT to blow them up. Suddenly a new cavern was open, and about 6 or 7 creepers stormed out, blowing up inches away from me. I survived... but the cavern became a large corridor.

There is some more stories, but I think that is enough wall of text for one day. There are far more monsters around there though... which is strange because normally I run into 1 or 2 scarcely.... Well, anyway... I lost my 30 some Iron, diamond pick and shovel, my sword, gold.... *sigh.*

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
I have found NO diamond as of yet...and hope I don't get lost <_>

I keep making terrible house location decisions. I find an open cavern with tons of resources, set up shop, and as soon as I get to major mining, everything turns out to be surface deep. THen I go looking for stuff, and get lost, and hafta start all over.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:14 PM »
You can build a compass, a sign, and arrows for directions.

Arrows you place 3 blocks down (say dirt in rock, or cobble stone.) Like so...

B=Block
E=empty space..

B E
E B  To make a > arrow.
B E

I cannot really help in house location; although you should probably built it on top of a mountain.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
I just finished a major excursion in Minecraft.

I was practicing for Normal mode in Peaceful by making houses and lights at night. So, during one such night, I locked myself into a shallow sea cave. I saw some coal, so I mined the night away. Soon after daylight broke, I went back for one last coal bit, and fell through to a large, dark cavern. I started exploring and found it to be MASSIVE. It has over 5 waterfalls, 3 lava falls, and I found diamond, redstone, iron, gold, coal, and probably a whole heck of a lot more down there. Thankfully, I had everything in inventory at that time, and crafted pickaxes to escape. it was a looooong time before i hit surface. When I did, I clearly marked it (it was two mountains over from my initial entry) and built a house with the 4x4x64 blocks of stone I had. Its very nice,and I've built it next to the water. I then built a dirt light house that my compass points back at, and went to build markers in the mine so i don't get lost. Its amazing. I have a diamond pick and sword now, and plans to make a tunnel/highway to my map spawn point. then, a boat to find some other rich island cave for more stuff!

it was good fun trying to escape, though...

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
Whoa.  :o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug</a>

This is the first part of a planned 16-bit computer that will run entirely in minecraft. That computer will be "Hack" compatible, which is to say that it'll run code meant for the Hack machine described in The Elements of Computer Systems (an awesome book that you should look up if you are at all interested in how computers work).

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 72
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 03:04:40 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug</a>

This is the first part of a planned 16-bit computer that will run entirely in minecraft. That computer will be "Hack" compatible, which is to say that it'll run code meant for the Hack machine described in The Elements of Computer Systems (an awesome book that you should look up if you are at all interested in how computers work).

But does it run Crysis?

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

What I don't understand is how he plans on writing "compilable code."  I can see binary, since that can be done with torches, but other code?

Oh yeah, My castle is mostly complete so I'll post pics soon, and I've been working on a redstone LED display for turning binary into decimal.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 08:26:43 AM »
@bmd: its gonna convert it into machine code...Which in turn can be turned into decimal instructions, or binary instructions.

so, he's going to write a compiler that can change simple language calls BACK into machine calls, then input them (probably one at a time into the RAM), and then run them. He's not going to actually build a text input for it.

and it won't really be able to do all that much, maybe just some complicated maths and possibly simple processing.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »
The soon to be new update sound awesome. http://notch.tumblr.com/ I'm a little disappointed that the torches will run out, because I would have to relight all my current operations, but new monsters, a watch, and a useless pumpkin head sound awesome. I'm not really sure what the first in the list means...

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting