Main Menu

Discussion topic

Started by 75, August 06, 2010, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on October 05, 2010, 12:11:30 AM
I started MAP01 (now CTF02) with bots, I left the ghetto blaster out.

Guess what! They know how to use it!

I don't know how, but skulltag bots seem to be good with it  ;D
Bots actually playing CTF? That's never worked for me...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

actually, all characters get zorched and slimed

In deathmatch, they get zorched, in invasion/co-op, they get slimed  ;)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

So, How many Invasion maps are we going to have in the pack? Also, what will our Elevator of Dimensions be like? (How many floors, what will be on each floor, etc.)

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on October 06, 2010, 12:12:04 AM
So, How many Invasion maps are we going to have in the pack?

As many as possible, you can never have too many.

As long as the wad is less than a gigabyte, I will not stop mapping for it. Even if it IS a gigabyte, I may still keep making maps, and put them in a separate wad.

Also, what will our Elevator of Dimensions be like? (How many floors, what will be on each floor, etc.)

Feel free to make your own. I have a few ideas for my own, but I haven't really decided on anything yet, I want to wait until there are more things in the mod to give cameos  ;)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

Perhaps everyone could make their own rooms (themed off of levels from mods, cq3, etc.) and then they could be compiled into one invasion.

MajorSlime

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

Awesome!
Quote from: 75 on October 06, 2010, 12:16:14 AM
Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on October 06, 2010, 12:12:04 AM
So, How many Invasion maps are we going to have in the pack?

As many as possible, you can never have too many.

As long as the wad is less than a gigabyte, I will not stop mapping for it. Even if it IS a gigabyte, I may still keep making maps, and put them in a separate wad.
:whale :whale

In case you guys ever wanted to know what the original version of the music for  DM01 sounds like, or where it's from...

oh, I almost forgot about something I wanted to do - Remote/timed/Proximity zorch mines. They'd make a nice addition to DM04  :)

MajorSlime

I have proximity following zorch mines... You could use them if you want. I also have a timed version with larger explosion.

Their pretty much floating balls of zorch that explode on enemies. (they are monsters on your side that suicide)

I just realized this board has 1003 posts!  :o

if it gets past 1900, it'll be in the top 10 most posted boards!

EDIT - I've had some projects to do for school lately, but I've started on a few maps

LAZ Trooper

I got around to playing the latest version, and I'm finally getting around to writing up a few comments.

• Beam Zorcher: Nice sprites, I didn't even know you had some in development.
  • Maps: These are looking pretty good, except as always some are slow when I have several bots in.
  • Museum map: I like the pictures of all the "old" levels, and it's got a good layout.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Are we ever going to fix some of those up? I liked some of them...

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on June 21, 2011, 11:25:18 PM
I got around to playing the latest version, and I'm finally getting around to writing up a few comments.

• Beam Zorcher: Nice sprites, I didn't even know you had some in development.
  • Maps: These are looking pretty good, except as always some are slow when I have several bots in.
  • Museum map: I like the pictures of all the "old" levels, and it's got a good layout.

I photoshopped the Rail Zorcher fairly recently. The maps are best with more than 2 (human) players, I've only tried ZM07 with bots. The museum is my best map so far.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on June 22, 2011, 12:33:58 AM
Are we ever going to fix some of those up? I liked some of them...

Here's the status of those maps:

LMS01 - Needs music. There are a couple other things that I should fix. For a while, I considered scrapping it completely, but I will convert it to UDMF and use it.

DM01 (Pro Zorchmatch arena) - Needs new (chex-sounding) music. QG told me he was going to add some detail to it.
DM03 (Ghetto brawl) - This one was replaced by ZM05.

DUEL01 (TNCQ Classic) - This one is salvageable. The spaces are too cramped, I considered fixing it but it would require a remake, and I'd rather just make a new layout.

CTF01 (Crate fortress) - Too large, too hard to navigate
CTF02 (Warehouse CTF) - Too small and too simple for CTF
CTF03 (Pathways above) - Terrible layout, it was just a bad idea

CTF04 (Federal Building CTF) - This one has potential.
It needs to be bigger, with a larger middle area so it isn't just a quick, unimpeded run back and forth. There are also a couple annoying dead ends, it might help to add some height variation.

(OLD) INV01 (Sewer Invasion) - My stacked sectors were way too glitchy. I haven't had many ideas for it lately, but of all my ideas, this one seems like the easiest to finish.
INV02 (Delta base invasion) - my remake was bad. I haven't created a remake remake.

INV02/INV03 - I gave QG a full review of these, these maps had layout problems.

COOP01 - I'm going to wait for software 3d floors, the portals were a neat trick but it feels strange

MajorSlime

about COOP01: they really don't feel strange regularly. its your mind messing with you. The first time i went through it, it was a fluid transition, as well as every other time afterwards until I realized what was happening. You really don't notice it (unless flemoids start to disappear, or if playing with other people). It only starts to feel weird when you notice the mechanics behind it, then it catches your attention.