Main Menu

Discussion topic

Started by 75, August 06, 2010, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeah, it was awesome! The server was full for a few hours! There was a waiting list too!

I tried increasing the size from 8 to 10 but it crashed... probably frozen orb zorcher related. If that's the case, we should be fine for the next beta because I got rid of a big mess.

Somebody mentioned the "original" zorchmatch maps, were you guys referring to the ones in TUCQ?

I'm going to put a few of those in the next beta, good idea!

Also, echoing what I said on the skulltag forums

For you guys who joined last night, I think it crashed because of the frozen orb zorcher's code. I made the trails client side only so it should run a lot easier on the next beta.

I'll be releasing the next beta soon, since there were bugs in the last one. It's mainly going to be a fix to do the following...

1. Make the invasion games end rather than going on forever and ever - done

2. Fix the lag/crash inducing frozen orb zorcher - done

3. Give MAP01 ammo and weapon spawns, then rename it and add it to the roster

4. Fix the spawn locations in DM01, and add more health, armor, and weapons. Right now, it's too easy to die right when you spawn.

5. Possibly add the ancient TUCQ deathmatch maps (I'll have to convert them from the legacy format, though)

6. Maybe some GLDEFS on some projectiles and flemoid zorch deaths

And a couple surprises...

EDIT - TUCQ actually doesn't have multiplayer maps, I must have been thinking of the wrong thing. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? I'm almost positive it was on the legacy engine.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

perhaps CQ arena? Feel free to violently let me know if i don't know what i'm talking about.  XD
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Datra

The "original" zorchmatch levels was a multiplayer addon for TUCQ by Lucius which definitely deserves a looksee.
The .wad can be found in the getwad section of the CQ Gallery here.
And (most likely) all info regarding Zorchmatch can be found here.
CQHD Community Dev

Ooh, nice!

These are definitely worth converting to the skulltag format.

And lookie! 3d floors! In Deathmatch! It's almost like they didn't feel the need to ban 3d floors for everyone!

EDIT - the zdoom 3d floors are only experimental, unfortunately... I wonder how legacy did it in sofware, maybe skulltag should look at that.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

LAZ Trooper

Last night was great... I was very impressed by the Central Command or whatever Invasion map, that's awesome how it's the actual level. 8) Although I think I should try my OpenGL again, since I was kind of confused by the bunch of floating Maximuses and stuff. :facepalm

I was tinkering with DM01 today, since I feel an attachment for it and want to even more awesome, and I don't know if you put in anything like this since P13, but I think this looks better than a plain flat space where you can fall off into the stair areas:
[spoiler]

If you want to put it in, I could just send you my version and you could copy the stuff over. I also made a few linedefs "hidden". There are a couple things in DUEL01 I fixed/slightly changed I could send you.[/spoiler]

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but now LMS01 and DM01 are too much for my computer to be able to handle me running a few bots in it while playing myself (DM01 isn't too bad, but LMS01 slows down noticeably with only 1 bot)
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on September 13, 2010, 10:01:24 PM
Last night was great... I was very impressed by the Central Command or whatever Invasion map, that's awesome how it's the actual level. 8) Although I think I should try my OpenGL again, since I was kind of confused by the bunch of floating Maximuses and stuff. :facepalm

the floating maximi are definitely a result of OpenGL being off.   ;)

I was tinkering with DM01 today, since I feel an attachment for it and want to even more awesome, and I don't know if you put in anything like this since P13, but I think this looks better than a plain flat space where you can fall off into the stair areas:
[spoiler]

If you want to put it in, I could just send you my version and you could copy the stuff over. I also made a few linedefs "hidden". There are a couple things in DUEL01 I fixed/slightly changed I could send you.[/spoiler]

Looks nice, if you send me the maps I'll take a look and add that stuff.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but now LMS01 and DM01 are too much for my computer to be able to handle me running a few bots in it while playing myself (DM01 isn't too bad, but LMS01 slows down noticeably with only 1 bot)

Hmm... don't know why that would be. There's very little in the way of lag inducing things on that map.

LAZ Trooper

Well, I think my lag is probably just caused by a lot of sectors and stuff visible (like how now most of the walls in LMS01 are see-through and not solid, making me see more stuff) Maybe.

So here's DM01 with my modification(s), DUEL01 with my couple things, plus LAZ04, a spaceship deathmatch map I've had completed for a little while.

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

thanks! I might not be able to look at that for a while, though. I've stayed up too late as it is  :(

xbolt

Quote from: Datra on September 13, 2010, 08:56:49 PM
The "original" zorchmatch levels was a multiplayer addon for TUCQ by Lucius which definitely deserves a looksee.

That wasn't technically the original; NTG56 of the Old Boards had made some old multiplayer DM levels. (I never actually played them with anybody. Nor do I have them anymore.) I don't think we had coined the term "zorchmatch" way back then, though.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on September 13, 2010, 11:58:40 PM
thanks! I might not be able to look at that for a while, though. I've stayed up too late as it is  :(
And of course :facepalm I find a couple more things to fix after I upload it. I might be able to get them done quickly and reuploaded tonight.

Reuploaded, so if you downloaded the other, get this one instead.
DM01+.wad

Current Projects:

If I put your avatar in the wad, do you want the laz-anya one or do you want something else?

It's your pick. Everyone who makes maps for me gets a picture/avatar of their choice up on a wall (no swear words/nudity/other stuff like that)

QG, CM2109 (when I get around to including the portal gun), and lucius (if you're reading this, if you don't see this I'll use your forum avatar) - pick yours too. I can do animated gifs as long as you give me the frames and some idea of the timing. I can guess the timing if it's not 100 frames long or something... guessing the timing for that one night at the roxbury animated texture took me forever.

EDIT - @LAZ

Just opened up the wad, I see what you did to DM01, but what did you change in DUEL01? I must not be looking at the right thing.

I like the space station map, I think I can work with that. I can see it as a sort of deep space, way out in the middle of nowhere sort of refueling base. It'd make a good duel map.

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm... Not sure yet. I'll have to think about this. We have Stoner Ninja Avatars in here too  XD

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on September 15, 2010, 12:35:14 AM
EDIT - @LAZ

Just opened up the wad, I see what you did to DM01, but what did you change in DUEL01? I must not be looking at the right thing.

I like the space station map, I think I can work with that. I can see it as a sort of deep space, way out in the middle of nowhere sort of refueling base. It'd make a good duel map.
I fixed some texture alignments and made the slime area surround the whole place (and made the horizon lines also not appear on the automap in-game)

And I just noticed this today, I don't know if it's just something wrong with my computer, but the main 4-screens in DM01 have some sort of alingment issues or something... don't know how I missed that before...

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

I haven't been able to make much progress on the villa map lately, but here is the foyer now (I did this all in about 30 minutes. Also it's all in Software mode unfortunately...)

very nice! Maybe shape the ceiling a bit and add some windows... maybe not though, this looks great.