Main Menu

Discussion topic

Started by 75, August 06, 2010, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

Get ready for some sandbox, cause its coming!

*Caution, the sand may hurt your eyes*

The sandbox is a blank sand map, but you get to change the elevation and terrain type in the grid, as well as spawn most anything except decorations. That would take way too long to code in. I think i'm going to put items in for all game modes, but not code a specific one into the campaign lump, so you can use it for any game mode you want.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

I may just add a Skylight in that area with the furniture. I'd like to make a bigger chandelier. But It is going along well. I'm not sure where the boss battle will take place. Maybe in something like I did E1M5 of Ragnarok. (The Throne Room) What do you guys think? Maybe add some Stained Glass Ornate Windows? I like that curtain thing I did. Maybe hide some enemies behind there, and in the middle of the wave it raises.

EDIT: I'm going to try and get a good amount of work done tonight. As well as tomorrow night and Sunday.  :whale

noob1234

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on September 16, 2010, 02:24:34 AM

The sandbox is a blank sand map, but you get to change the elevation and terrain type in the grid, as well as spawn most anything except decorations. That would take way too long to code in. I think i'm going to put items in for all game modes, but not code a specific one into the campaign lump, so you can use it for any game mode you want.
:lolwut :whale wow
... so you're going to, or you're not?
sounds like a cool idea either way.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on September 16, 2010, 02:24:34 AM

So you're basically making a kgbuild chex quest map?

I've finished my homework, time for some mapping! Yay!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

I don't know what kgbuild is, but basically, before you start a game, everyone messes with the terrain and weapons and etc. whatever way they want, and then you start the game, and you can't mess with anything else. For obvious reasons, you may not place weapons like the LAZ Device. Also, it'll come with some pre-made maps you can choose via switches.

Sample terrain:

Red, Blue and Standard VR squares, with half gravity.
Sand, which has double gravity, so its like your actually trying to jump in sand.
Lost Quest.
Reflections Lab.
Bounce pads. And they actually bounce you. Its quite fun.

Any other ideas?

QuadrumpusGuy

What about Water/Slime Terrains?

MajorSlime

i don't know how those would work...

have you ever played roller coaster tycoon 1? If so, then you'll know what i'm talking about when i say it would look like a pillar with a water top. Its just disturbing.

actually, i suppose i could make the whole pillar slime or water, like a geyser.

yeah, I know what you mean.

I've played the entire RCT series as a kid, I still like it, although I don't play it very often :)

the geyser idea should work

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

noob1234

i just finished inv03... phew! QG did a really good job on it! but the waves dont end, they just keep doin the 11th one after that one ends.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: noob1234 on September 19, 2010, 07:56:32 PM
i just finished inv03... phew! QG did a really good job on it! but the waves dont end, they just keep doin the 11th one after that one ends.

This is fixed in the next release.

ChexCommander

Man, wow. After surfing through all the pages of this thread and seeing all the work you guys have done in such a short time, let me say: Manny would be impressed.  Heck, I'M impressed. This mod is coming out more amazingly than I would have guessed. Dang, even the Skulltag forum likes it.

Keep it up! Hopefully I'll play with you guys someday.

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

I started MAP01 (now CTF02) with bots, I left the ghetto blaster out.

Guess what! They know how to use it!

I don't know how, but skulltag bots seem to be good with it  ;D

MajorSlime

you know what would be really cool?

To sprite the phoenix wright characters and use them as skins in skulltag

Then we could do CTF, Pheonix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Mia, maybe a few others vs. the chex warriors

if there was some way I could change the ending pic/music depending on who won...

it's probably not going to happen unless I get a lot better at drawing, since right now the phoenix wright sprites have NO rotations at all.

It's so tempting though, I'd use the "ouch" sword sound when he got hit, and I'd have him get slimed and fall over to the sound that it makes when he does his table slam.

noob1234

but he's supposed to be zorched not slimed!

XD tho, awesome idea