Main Menu

Discussion topic

Started by 75, August 06, 2010, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Wow, 75, nice work so far on the SP! Combine this with CQ Arena, and we've already got a very nice way to play CQ in Skulltag. If Lucius does some work with the engine too, we could totally have a pwnz multiplayer setup going. :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Glad to hear you like it!

Actually, my mod contains everything from cqarena except the skins, so we don't need cqarena to run this
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Datra

But will the skins be incorporated later down the line?
CQHD Community Dev

sure, but maps and enemies are my main priority right now

QuadrumpusGuy

I'm putting some zorchers from Ragnarok into my maps, but I'm not sure about the Pyro Zorcher, seems too alike to the Phazing Zorcher at the moment. I will have to make some changes. But I'm putting in a Frozen Orb Zorcher (Which is not in Ragnarok... yet!!) It's done for the most part. I may mess with sounds later on, though at the moment I like the sound combinations.

Lucius

From playing yesterday, what I can say is this:

- Fix bootspoon attack sound
- Fix chat bubble
- Replace railgun
- Change m_skull graphics back to normal
- Fix mini zorcher bug
- Make zorch puffs opaque

QuadrumpusGuy

By the way, here are screens for anyone who wants to see the Frozen Orb in action.

Lucius

Quote from: Lucius on August 13, 2010, 04:26:15 PM

- Fix chat bubble
- Replace railgun
- Fix mini zorcher bug

Sorry, I hit "edit" instead of "quote" and didn't realize it until after I hit "submit'

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: Lucius on August 13, 2010, 04:52:58 PM

- Fix chat bubble
- Replace railgun
- Fix mini zorcher bug
- Fix SuperBreakfast pickup sound (get rid of skulltag announcer "soulsphere")

We are going to make an announcer for Chex Quest, I think Microsoft Sam could do the job for that.

hmm, yeah, I didn't think of that... do you have any ideas where I could get zorch sounds from? I can't think of many good sources

I wonder where the devs got the zorch sounds from...

- Fix chat bubble
- Replace railgun

on it, though the railgun might be tricky...

Like I said, I kind of like em, but I'll see if I can come up with something better.

- Fix mini zorcher bug

what went wrong with that? I don't remember.

possibly, but they look pretty good translucent. I'll compare the two rendering styles

- Fix SuperBreakfast pickup sound (get rid of skulltag announcer "soulsphere")

The announcer is going to be completely replaced. In the meantime just turn him off. He's not meant to be used with chex quest.

noob1234

Microsoft Sam?!? sorry, but no.
maybe someone could voice act...  :D
and is the frozen orb zorcher like the blue phasing zorcher in CQ Generation 2? (slime's mod; it's key number 8 ) if you don't know what it is, then it freezes the flemoids in place, thin they break up into a pile of frozen slime.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: noob1234 on August 17, 2010, 06:30:08 PM
Microsoft Sam?!? sorry, but no.
maybe someone could voice act...  :D
and is the frozen orb zorcher like the blue phasing zorcher in CQ Generation 2? (slime's mod; it's key number 8) if you don't know what it is, then it freezes the flemoids in place, thin they break up into a pile of frozen slime.

It uses freeze properties, so it is similar. However, the center orb launched releases a bunch of icy bolts in all directions.

which has caused lag problems, and I'm not sure if I want it in right now

Also, Microsoft sam is out for the voice acting... I'd do it before I got microsoft sam to do it

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on August 17, 2010, 07:01:09 PM
which has caused lag problems, and I'm not sure if I want it in right now

Also, Microsoft sam is out for the voice acting... I'd do it before I got microsoft sam to do it

Oh yeah, I remember how we crashed from spamming them with spread.  XD

They've been fixed now though. Cool down is much longer and it isn't too bad now. I'd like to run a test still. I may still have to reduce the amount of bolts spawned.

Maybe AT&T Real Voices??