Main Menu

Discussion topic

Started by 75, August 06, 2010, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possibly. I'll let you know later on
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

LAZ Trooper

I've got a few ideas for levels I might make for this. When's the next release with the new goodies?  :whale
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on September 01, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
I've got a few ideas for levels I might make for this.

cool! I hope they turn out well

QuoteWhen's the next release with the new goodies?

as soon as I get rid of all the <!> flags in quadrumpusguy's CTF map. Not too long, the only thing left is the random powerup thing.

Some of the runes are going to have to be removed for now since I don't know what I could make them into.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on September 01, 2010, 09:57:57 PM
Some of the runes are going to have to be removed for now since I don't know what I could make them into.

Can't you just keep the doom counterparts in for now?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Quote from: ChexCommander on September 02, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: 75 on September 01, 2010, 09:57:57 PM

Can't you just keep the doom counterparts in for now?

yeah, I should just do that. I guess I can always replace the graphics later.

The railgun is still a doom weapon, after all

QuadrumpusGuy

Okay! I'm thinking of doing a few more CQ3 Original Level Co-op to Invasion Conversions.

Here are a few I am thinking about doing:

E1M4
E1M5
E3M3
E3M5

I'm thinking of starting out by doing E3M3. That one will be really fun especially when I do some interior decorating on the insides of the Villas.

Make sure you don't overdo it on the invasion spawns

LAZ Trooper

Okay, here's one of my maps I made (in one day, woot!)
It's a deathmatch map, not exactly any specific CQ theme, and I was kind of inspired by one of the skulltag deathmatch levels. I'm not that great at putting in the ammo, health, zorchers, etc. so feel free to change that stuff around. And it could use a name.

The wad also contains an unfinished CTF map that will be done very soon.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

I'll have a look at that in a bit, right now I'm working on MAP02 (finally)

you guys will soon hear an underwater rickroll, it's a thing of beauty.

LAZ Trooper

I've finished the CTF map that was unfinished in that upload, but I'm going to wait to post it until I finish this next map that looks promising.

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

The Central Command Invasion Spawn Bug for Wave 2 has been fixed.

LAZ Trooper

I'll probably think of something else to add to my latest really great level, but here it is. This wad has all three maps I made for you to look over and such. Feel free to (please) change start positions, ammunition pickups, etc. And good names for the levels (plus change from LAZ0X to whatev).

LAZ01 - Deathmatch place
LAZ02 - Capture the Flag
LAZ03 - An arena stadium with multiple places for spectators plus several big screens and a camera control room for switching between the four cameras, plus the 4-sides center screen can be raised back into the roof or lowered again (for dramatic effect it lowers when you start)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:

I haven't had a chance to look at your maps yet, I've been working on MAP02. Don't worry, I didn't forget  :)

I looked at your maps LAZ, these are really good!

The CTF map needs more texture variety, so the player can better tell red from blue. I'll fix that for you

The color scheme on LAZ01 reminds me of the times on chex quest united when we were playing standard skulltag/doom maps with chex textures. I think I'm going to keep it on there and name it "Last Bastion" or something  XD

LAZ Trooper

Yeah, LAZ01 was greatly inspired by D2DM3 - Combat Center , including the texture choice. BTW I never got around to figuring it out, and so I don't know which looks better, but there are the windowish things opening out to the big slime area, my original idea was to have tops on them, not them just be big slots in the wall, but I never got around to seeing how that would look (although open above the fountain). If you understand that, you could try doing what I never did and seeing which looks better.

edit: Also, in LAZ03, the (really cool) stadium, with a few modifications it can be a CTF map, since I already have the main arena split blue and red.

It felt good to map something again... LAZ01 & LAZ02 I sketched out on paper first before starting, which helps me get better levels, but LAZ03 I just couldn't sketch and just let it flow while making it... I love that map.

Current Projects: