Main Menu

Graphics

Started by 75, August 08, 2010, 03:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The blue propulsor is the freezing zorcher, and the green rapid zorcher is the caustic zorcher. I didn't make those sprites, QG did.

The freezing zorcher looks ok, the caustic zorcher could probably use new graphics. Maybe something like the infector from ratchet and clank

although... I have almost no clue why a caustic zorcher is necessary. There's no caustic damagetype defined in the player class, he reacts like he was being shot by any other zorcher.

maybe I'll get rid of it. With my new zorcher on slot 4, there's going to be plenty of rapid projectile zorchers to choose from.

yeah, sorry quad. I'll swap the caustic zorcher spawns with the chain lightning zorcher.

The freezing zorcher... I'd have to think about it. I'm seeing a sort of small bazooka like weapon, except with a glass barrel.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

LAZ Trooper

Whoever made the Excellant and Incredible! chex piece medal things, I don't know why, but I love them for some reason. (we need a thumbs up smiley other than  :whale )
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

yeah, they're really nice. I'm not sure who did them, though, maybe it was Manny.

anyway, I'm going to use a new status bar in this game. I have to, since the old one has serious problems in Skulltag

So, it's going to get some new graphics

and "weapon" will have a picture of the weapon selected on top of it.

The "Q" logo will be replaced with the inventory when an item is added to the inventory (in case mappers want to have inventory items).

I wonder how hard it would be to have someting on top of the inventory that lists all the selectable items in there, that would be awesome

I modified this from Strife's Status bar. I asked him for permission to use it. If he says no, I'll just mess with the normal chex status bar
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

If you use that one, make the weapons kind of high tech looking, like outlined sorta. Have you ever played Halo 3? Make 'em kind of like the weapons at the top right (the ones that signify you have those, by the ammo), except not quite as filled in. That would be awesome.

It might be possible to show all available inventory items with acs or something.

On another note: do you mind if I mess with the boombox graphics a little? Like make it animated while playing? (Booming speaker, etc.)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

go for it, I was thinking of doing that myself, but I got lazy

Give it your best shot, if it looks better, I'll put it in  :)

I think I know what you mean about the weapons, although I've never played Halo 3. I was thinking Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold when I put it in.

I tested the new status bar out

compared to the old one

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I don't like either of them, but then again I always play with the fullscreen hud. Is the new one too dark?

I used Arch's numbers - I'll give him credit

MajorSlime

The new ones fine. I love it. But a couple things:

1. The W in weapon is kinda blurred. Anyway you can fix that?
2. I say make your own, high tech numbers. Something blue maybe.
3. Is it possible to get rid of the green background behind the chex guy?

Quote1. The W in weapon is kinda blurred. Anyway you can fix that?

I had a really hard time making the W...

Quote2. I say make your own, high tech numbers. Something blue maybe.

Blue? Nah... I kind of like these yellow digits. If you've got a better idea, feel free to show me though

Quote3. Is it possible to get rid of the green background behind the chex guy?

I don't know, but I'm working on it. It's a skulltag thing, it's automatically applied when a multiplayer game is started.

MajorSlime

Quote from: 75 on September 02, 2010, 03:10:18 PM
Quote2. I say make your own, high tech numbers. Something blue maybe.

Blue? Nah... I kind of like these yellow digits. If you've got a better idea, feel free to show me though

Well, I meant like, holographic, sorta.

I wonder if it's possible to assign mugshots based on damgetype...

although that wouldn't make any sense, chexter could feasibly be "hurt" by slime and zorch at the same time, and there's no real way to show both

maybe I'll just stick with him being slimed in the mugshot. I like the mugshot, I don't want to get rid of it. It doesn't make sense with the two damagetypes, but I can live with that

EDIT - I fixed the W.

I like the yellow lettering, it makes it look more chexy

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

you should make the blue parts of the player to green so they can be recolored.

unless I'm missing something and it was changed to blue for CQ3.

ChexCommander

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on September 01, 2010, 11:20:44 PM
Whoever made the Excellant and Incredible! chex piece medal things, I don't know why, but I love them for some reason. (we need a thumbs up smiley other than  :whale )

Yeah, I think it was Manny, he had an eye for perfection on these sorts of projects.

Chexguy: Where, on the third-person model? That was done a long time ago.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Quote from: Anonymous (ChexGuy331) on September 02, 2010, 05:11:50 PM
you should make the blue parts of the player to green so they can be recolored.

unless I'm missing something and it was changed to blue for CQ3.

The player can already change his/her color in player setup

Blue is specified as the color to be recolored in the ChexPlayer75 class. I could make it any color I wanted... blue, pink. yellow, etc.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on September 01, 2010, 08:25:01 PM
The blue propulsor is the freezing zorcher, and the green rapid zorcher is the caustic zorcher. I didn't make those sprites, QG did.

The freezing zorcher looks ok, the caustic zorcher could probably use new graphics. Maybe something like the infector from ratchet and clank

although... I have almost no clue why a caustic zorcher is necessary. There's no caustic damagetype defined in the player class, he reacts like he was being shot by any other zorcher.

maybe I'll get rid of it. With my new zorcher on slot 4, there's going to be plenty of rapid projectile zorchers to choose from.

yeah, sorry quad. I'll swap the caustic zorcher spawns with the chain lightning zorcher.

The freezing zorcher... I'd have to think about it. I'm seeing a sort of small bazooka like weapon, except with a glass barrel.

No Problem with the Caustic. Perhaps maybe change function of it? As for the Pyro Zorcher, are we still going with that Mortar-type cannon?

Also I need to reduce the amount of projectiles produced by the Frozen Orb of the F.O. Zorcher.

noob1234

hey, what's with the "0" to on the top right of the Qs? is that inventory or something?