Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Since my old progress topic was too much trouble to update, I'm just going to post random updates. You guys can post in here if you have any thoughts on my updates.

What I did in the last few days

1. Improved the look of DUEL01

2. Made it so my flemoids replace chex3's flemoids (i.e., if you play co-op, you'll be facing my superpowered quadrumpus instead of the lame version that only shoots one ball at a time)

3. Added some textures to the wad from TNCQ, a slime texture, three rock textures, and that tiny switch. I can't get the switch to work in ANIMDEFS, though.

4. Made it so that SOME of the 3d slime in INV01 is visible in the software renderer. The 3d floor command had some problems with texture alignment anyway.

What I still want to do

1. Make INV01 less laggy, it has bad frame rates even offline

2. Add dynamic lighting to the floor lamps and projectiles.

3. Add LAZ's fences to DM01 and fix a few HOM problems

4. Make the concessions area more interesting, or just get rid of the two rooms outside of the stadium

5. I'm still working on that zorchmatch map from the legacy engine. I'm adding some skulltag features to it like slopes. I replaced the 3d floors with thing bridges. The water is flat... oh well.

I'm having a hard time with the sky. The original sky looks great in legacy, but it looks horrible in skulltag.

6. Mess with the TERRAIN lump to give slime a damagetype of flem, and add sounds for when chexter goes into slime/water.

Maps I'm working on right now

INV01
DUEL01
DM02
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

LAZ Trooper

I guess this map is "finished" (as much as I finish these). It's sewer deathmatch/duel map. Redo the usual stuff. Also, the small passage to the "death hole" I want to flow just fast enough for you to not be able to fight against it and gain ground (which is why that other part comes off it so you can escape) but I couldn't get it to work myself.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

What I did today:

1. Added splashes and sounds to the terrain lump, so a little splash comes up when chexter jumps into water/slime

The sprites from those splashes were edited from Lucius' Zorchmatch wad

I used Arch129's code for the slime splashes.

2. I gave all slime flats automatic damage, so stop using sector actions to cause damage from slime floors, it does it automatically

3. this automatic damage has the correct damagetype, so chexter gets slimed instead of zorched in slime pools

However, it has no obituary... there's nothing I can do about that, sorry  :(

4. improved the look of DUEL01 even more. I'd give a screenshot, but it's kind of hard to show the map in a single shot

5. Fixed the zorchgloves so they're not so fussy to use. Now you have about a 10 tic window to hit something instead of a 4 tic window.

To do

1. Look at LAZ's levels posted above

2. most of the stuff from the last progress post

What I'm stuck on - if you can help let me know

1. INV01 -  I need help with stacked sectors. I'm going to ask on the skulltag forums.

2. Dynamic lighting for floor lamps. It's not hard to code, but I can't figure out what the floor lamps are called.

They're not in chex3.wad's DECORATE lump.

Maps I'm working on:

DUEL01
DM01
DM02
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

:whale -Progress Log-  :whale

Yesterday, I worked on the villa and added a garden out sides of the large palace you go into. There are trees, a small grape vine, and a pool. The pool will contain a secret.  ;D

I also added an environment outside of the garden and added some villas. There will be Quadrumpi and BWAs spawning up on the rooftops, as well as Super Cyclopti.  >:D

I also added dynamic lighting to the chandelier and fires, and made the grapevines and fences 3d midtextures.

What I need to do now: Add more details to the room that leads up to the garden and create more rooms. As well as that, start building the other waves.

Screens:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Looking good QG! I guess I'll just use your GLDEFS for those actors.

QuadrumpusGuy

I actually just posted your dynamic light objects over the fires/chandelier. You could add Dynamic lighting to that if you wanted too.  :whale

By the way, the cave in the pool was kind of complicated to make. I had to make my own textures for some of the stuff.

I will

Dynamic lighting is really cool when it shows the flickering of the fire.

Oh, and QG, could you put your screenshots in spoiler tags? You're going to give somebody with dialup a heart attack.

LAZ Trooper

It didn't give me a heart attack, I just notice the amount of images and just stop the page loading. Although I've never been sure if spoilering them makes them not load or not...

Also, this level should be finished too, after a one-day development process. XD I'm not exactly sure if it's a crashed spaceship or just a building covered in slime, but all the lights are out and the only lighting is a few dim flickering ceiling lights and pulsing red emergency lights. There's some lite-amp goggles in the vents in a high-friction slime area so it'll hurt to get an advantage. Zorchmatch map, or whatever.

Also, you wanted and avatar or something from me to put in. If what the second attachment on this post works, use it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

Progress Log #2.

I've been working on the dining hall and the outdoor area outside the dining hall (Inaccessible area, but very huge and for decoration). There are waterfalls out there and a river. I have yet to do some sloping for hills and place more trees.

I did play with sloping in the dining hall and got this interesting Geometry, which I think I'll keep. It looks kinda cool. Tell me what you think. (The halves are symmetrical.)

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

matthias720

Nice picture.  Looks good!
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

QuadrumpusGuy

I'm going to add a Suit of Armor in a display case in here. I was thinking of a Coronet, but scaling it was getting annoying. Maybe a Corona...

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on September 19, 2010, 04:10:40 PM
I'm going to add a Suit of Armor in a display case in here. I was thinking of a Coronet, but scaling it was getting annoying.

one of these?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuadrumpusGuy

No...  XD

Like a Circlet.

LAZ Trooper

QuoteIs it going to be a human suit of armor, or a total silver chex suit (which would look totally awesome)

I've wanted to make this for a while... it's harder than you'd think

EDIT - drat, I hit the edit button instead of the quote button again... sorry.

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

I was thinking human. It was going to be a green or black suit of armor. Pictures of the sprites?