Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

Sorry if I'm overwhelming you with my output of maps ;) but here's a CTF map I made today. There a few textures it needs that don't exist, so you'll have to fix those. Also, I didn't do any things (except flags and start spots) or lighting.

If I get a good idea, I may have a city zorchmatch or CTF map soon, too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

I created the outdoor environment outside of the dining hall. Honestly, I feel like this should be an area for the Invasion.

This slit in the cliffs is where a door is going to go. You'll go outside and enter a different part of the villa. Or should this be just for decoration?

LAZ Trooper

That level is looking really good... but is it too big/fancy to not cause lag? Speaking of which, that huge crate fortress CTF maps starts lagging for me with only 1 bot...

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

I'm not sure about Crate Fortress. It may be removed. We'll see. It was one of my first multiplayer maps... so, yeah. It has it's faults.

Lag isn't bad as far as considering that open space. I'm not spamming trees... XD otherwise you enter lag city.

The level is big. But it most likely won't lag. We'll just hafta take a look at the finished product. But at the moment, no lagging (except for the trees. I plan on deleting the ones that start on the cliff but slide down -_-)

UPDATE: It will be a playable section :) There is also a secret switch somewhere... hmm....

This will be after you fight the guys in the dining hall / kitchen. There is a wine cellar that is locked (at the moment) but will house a super weapon. A frozen orb zorcher is there, but I think it will be changed.

After the outdoors wave, you will go on an elevator onto the cliffs (or the teleporter back inside) and go to through some hallways. After that will be the final boss wave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would anyone like to help test this map?

I'll give it a shot, when I get caught up.  :)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

Love to. let me know when your ready; i'm usually available to play from about 3 - 5 and somewhere around 7-8 occasionally.

My own progress:

-added some detail and size to my own crate single flag ctf.
-fixed graphic miscolorations
-added some variety to my conference map
-added some variety to my city invasion map
-got Sandbox half done. I think i'm going to have a couple copies of this map, each slightly changed for a specific game mode.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

The structure of the level is done  ;D

Now I just need to add spawns... and scripting.

By the way, how do I make it so that when you clear out one group of enemies it triggers a spawning of another group? (Not Wave Changing - This was used in Armagedddon Invasion 2, but I don't know the codes for it) I'm wanting something in the final room with 5 waves in one (Each with a mini boss - an elemental version of the flemoid in the wave). Then after those the final boss.

MajorSlime

I have no idea... but maybe activation and deactivation could be used?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm...

I may just say forget... I'll crack open Armageddon's Maps and do some exploring. It's probably one of those IF x = True

I haven't had much chance to work on my maps lately, but I tweaked a few things in MAP01

you guys are going to like this one - animated skybox with moving sky texture.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I wish I could keep the sky from stretching!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

LAZ Trooper

Well, this will need lots of adjustments (plus it doesn't really have boss fights), but here is a conversion of City Streets (E2M4) as an invasion map. Except for spawner adjustments, I think everything is in working order, except that the broken window texture isn't right.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:

thanks laz, keep em coming!

I'll look at your maps tonight.

LAZ Trooper

Unless I find other maps conversionable, I won't have any new maps until I get a good enough idea to get my creativity flowing again.

Also (unrelated): "Total time logged in: 12 days, 12 hours and 12 minutes." woot

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

Here's my Villa Invasion as well. It's getting there...

http://www.mediafire.com/?rsmw9b4ji6sbt3r

Added more detail to MAP01 - I think I'm finally done with this map.
[spoiler]

[/img][/spoiler]