Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

Heh, when I first saw that picture loading, all I saw was the very top of the chandelier, and I thought it was the top of one of those old-style (Elvis-esqu) mics, and that made me think "Whoa, is this a Rick Astley level? :o "
I do have an idea I could go with related to that...

Okay, here's my new map LAZ09, designed for regular and one flag CTF. It's pointless to play with bots, so I haven't really played much on it, but I've got the things and everything in there. There's also one patch included that I needed. And if you want to change the texture and the slant parts in the two base buildings, that'd be great.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

Here is my latest version (It's large because of OGG Files. Feel free to make changes).

http://www.mediafire.com/?y72jfzs01dzzffa

This may need some scripting, wad editing, and/or map changes

Progress log

- I coded QG's boss for Villa invasion
- Implemented glowing flats for the texture SQUIGSLI

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I mostly did it to see if it would work, the rest of the slime flats/textures will follow

- Attempted, and failed again in creating shining dynamic lights like in Legacy. I'm out of ideas, if you're reading this Lucius, and you still think it's possible, let me know.

- Worked on a sprite for laz's deathmatch map with the flashing red dynamic lights

- Added QG's Villa invasion map to the wad. I'm still working on changing the editornumbers of his actors, and adding his textures to the wad. I didn't put his sounds in yet.

- Looked briefly at E1M3 of Chex Quest: Zorchmatch (on the legacy engine). I'd like to include it in the skulltag pack, along with all the other maps in that wad.

... the board deleted my edit. It really seems to be laggy today.

Now... what did I say?

@LAZ - post more screenshots of your stuff! I'm sure everyone wants to see it :)

@QG - make the changes you need to make ASAP - I'm going to have to change the editornumbers of your decorations and spawn spots, and I'd rather not do that twice.

Hmm... Rick astley mike... you're right laz! Good catch on that one, I'm sure somebody will put it to good use ;)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

Changes that must be made (Either now or eventually):

-Fix Projectile positions for Caeruleus (Is it mandatory?)
-Make a way to end the invasion (I put in Exit_Normal when wave 12 is complete - I don't remember the code you mentioned before...)
-Maybe delete/replace some music. I'm really considering the Floor 59 music for Tower Of Druaga (Famicom Version) instead of Leoric. (Diablo 2 music really eats up your MBs!)
-Fix a texture problem with a cliff area.
-Add a new Zorcher (Maybe move the Frozen Orb Zorcher or replace)*

Most important of all...

-Do a Test to check playability
-Add Alternative Teleportation points (Spawns)
-Fix FreezingZorchSpot
-Create Caeruleus' Sprites

*Whenever a new Mega Zorcher is created, It will go into the Cellar area, and possibly replace the Frozen orb in this level

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on September 26, 2010, 11:32:40 PM
If you mean offsets (x,y,angle) sure, you can change them. Be careful messing with the states, though. Changing the projectile attack order is rather tricky.

If that's what you want to do, meet me in the chat sometime and let me know what you have in mind. Just let me know what you want him to fire in what order and how many times and I'll make it happen. :)

Quote-Make a way to end the invasion (I put in Exit_Normal when wave 12 is complete - I don't remember the code you mentioned before...)
Don't do that, I'll take care of it. Just tell me how long it is and I'll add it to my CMPGNINF lump

Quote-Maybe delete/replace some music. I'm really considering the Floor 59 music for Tower Of Druaga (Famicom Version) instead of Leoric. (Diablo 2 music really eats up your MBs!)

I didn't care much for Leoric in that level anyway

Quote-Add a new Zorcher (Maybe move the Frozen Orb Zorcher or replace)*

What did you have in mind?

You forgot a few things... add this to it

- Make Dynamic lighting definitions for the flame elemental projectiles, big chandelier, and flame actors.

I know you can use pointlights for the flames, but try playing around in GLDEFS. Why mess with a standard pointlight when you can have something that attaches to each frame? You can even change the light color and radius for each frame.

Don't worry about the floor lamps, street lights, and other chex3 actors, I've either already added dynamic lights to them or I will before the next beta.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on September 27, 2010, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on September 26, 2010, 11:32:40 PM
If you mean offsets (x,y,angle) sure, you can change them. Be careful messing with the states, though. Changing the projectile attack order is rather tricky.

If that's what you want to do, meet me in the chat sometime and let me know what you have in mind. Just let me know what you want him to fire in what order and how many times and I'll make it happen. :)

Quote-Make a way to end the invasion (I put in Exit_Normal when wave 12 is complete - I don't remember the code you mentioned before...)
Don't do that, I'll take care of it. Just tell me how long it is and I'll add it to my CMPGNINF lump

Quote-Maybe delete/replace some music. I'm really considering the Floor 59 music for Tower Of Druaga (Famicom Version) instead of Leoric. (Diablo 2 music really eats up your MBs!)

I didn't care much for Leoric in that level anyway

Quote-Add a new Zorcher (Maybe move the Frozen Orb Zorcher or replace)*

What did you have in mind?

You forgot a few things... add this to it

- Make Dynamic lighting definitions for the flame elemental projectiles, big chandelier, and flame actors.

I know you can use pointlights for the flames, but try playing around in GLDEFS. Why mess with a standard pointlight when you can have something that attaches to each frame? You can even change the light color and radius for each frame.

Don't worry about the floor lamps, street lights, and other chex3 actors, I've either already added dynamic lights to them or I will before the next beta.

That's what I mean, the X Y Offsets.

Okay, I'm leaving the waves alone for now.

Yeah. Ancients is good for the dome area, but I think I'll stick with some Tower of Druaga. It suits is better IMO :)

By new zorcher, the zorchers we have been talking about. Superfluid, Radioactive, etc.

Yeah I'll work on Dynamic lightning tomorrow.

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on September 27, 2010, 12:13:21 AM
By new zorcher, the zorchers we have been talking about. Superfluid, Radioactive, etc.

ah, yeah. I'll draw those when I get a chance, they're going to be cool.

QuadrumpusGuy

Hey, could you send me some blue Recolors of the Quadrumpus? (Cerulean Preferred) I'll fix the zorch patches and add eyes... maybe golden/citron pupils this time... What do you think?

MajorSlime

Wow. I really need to get in the chat sometime. Do you guys still use the CQFF chat, or the other one?

And, do you want me to add my LDZ(Large Damage Zorching) Device? It needs some graphic work, but basically, it fires a large ground travelling sort of missile that spawns medium damage distanced mini-nukes along the way.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

I tested Caeruleus... boy.. he's hard to zorch... He did something strange when he was at low health. He kept acting like he was shooting something, but wasn't, until he entered pain state when I frozen orb-ed him. Over all, the map is really good. But the last few waves will be really hard.

LAZ Trooper

My 10th map contribution, w00t! This is a city duel/LMS/zorchmatch map, which I call "Ghetto Brawl" and features a Ghetto Blaster on top of a pile of crates in the middle (don't worry, it's a little hard to get to)
There are some textures I needed, but when I tried to put them in, it messed up other textures, so I just included them in the zip, if you could put them in for me. I also ID'd the lines that need their textures changed:
LineID 100 change to BRCKWIN3
LineID 101 change to BRCKWIN1
Change grates to broken versions included (you can figure them out pretty easily, and I included the textures)

Screenshot time!

LAZ05 - Sewer Duel
[spoiler]

This is not final lighting or anything. This won't be finished until after the next release.
[/spoiler]

LAZ06 - Into The Darkness
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

LAZ07 - Federal Building CTF (2)
[spoiler]

I haven't gotten around to trying out things to stop it from being a super fast game yet.
[/spoiler]

LAZ09 - Pathways Above
[spoiler]

I actually got the idea for this when I fell in the water in LAZ07 and looked at the walkways above me. xD
[/spoiler]

No screenshots of LAZ10 because of my texture needs.

So when's the next release going to be? Once you get all our stuff made to work?

And I can be in the flashchat any day at 10 PM EST if people want to discuss their work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Um... where are the screens?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

LAZ Trooper

Sorry, I accidentally posted before I had the screenshots uploaded. They're there now, along with the wad of LAZ10, too.

Current Projects:

I like LAZ10 - added!

QuadrumpusGuy

So I'm thinking... maybe we should make some Obstacle Course / Puzzle Maps?