Author Topic: Breakfast Trek, aka "FreeChex"  (Read 15962 times)

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Breakfast Trek, aka "FreeChex"
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
What happened?  This project just suddenly died.  I think if there was some early release made it might get some people interested again.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline ChexMaster2109

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
Well, theres not enough graphics yet. I would help with that, but i'm working on two projects already.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline TrueDude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »
Sorry, my computers been down again. (Still is, actually, I'm running in safe mode.) Plus I've been a bit busy in the Doom community. I could possibly upload some of the sounds I had recorded earlier, but they are 16-bit instead of 8-bit, so they'd need to be changed somehow.

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 121
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
No, Chex Quest runs on a 16-bit.

Offline TrueDude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
Oh, ok then. Didn't know that.

Offline Wodd

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
An idea for the maps (the computer area maps): Perhaps make them snapshots of the level in which they are found (at least in part—perhaps the area in which they are found, since they are obviously not nearly as large as the overlay map accessed by [what used to be at least, though may not be for everbody] pressing Tab). As for black zorchers, perhaps make them black in light areas and white in dark areas (such as the first secret in the caverns of Bazoik) (since they would not be seen otherwise). As for the syrup, the syrup that one gets at fast food restaurants is usually black, correct? Perhaps make it black as well (and a lighter color like that of maple syrup in darker areas so that it is visible) (similar to the black zorcher concept). I do not foresee black clashing with the brown textures of the caverns, but perhaps it would clash more than I am envisioning. I am not sure which would be worse though, syrup or slime. Syrup would obviously be the equivalent of nonfictional (note how I did not use the term real) syrup and slime is the equivalent of nonfictional (once again, note the lack of the term real) mucous. Both of them are quite sticky substences, however.

For an explanation on the lack of the term real, consider the following if…elseif…else structure.

1 Item_X = anything;
2 using nonexistent] as the opposite of real;
3 if(Item_X exists in the world of nonfiction && Item_X does not exist in the world of fiction)
4 Item_X is real.;
5 elseif(Item_X exists in the world of fiction && Item_X does not exist in the world of nonfiction)
6 Item_X is real.; //I think that this could be considered "Confusion: Part 1 of 2 for most people."
7 elseif(Item_X exists in the world of fiction && Item_X exists in the world of nonfiction)
8 Item_X is real.; //This could be considered "Confusion: Part 2 of 2."
9 else
10 Item_X is nonexistent and thus not real.;
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
Perhaps make the maps snapshots of the level in which they are found

that would require a different sprite for every map. There's no way to take screenshots of the automap for anything... I wish there was, then you'd be able to have maps in the HUD.

As for black zorchers, perhaps make them black in light areas and white in dark areas

If you're talking about shading the weapon according to brightness, the engine already darkens the sprite when you're in dark areas. Not many places in chex quest are dark enough, but if you play a dark mod or make a dark room in doombuilder, you'll notice that the weapons do appear to get darker as the light dims.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 121
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
no he meant make the sprites white in dark rooms so you can see them better. as in, different pickup sprites for light/dark areas of the game. or maybe code them to do that without using another sprite since that would be easier/more feasible...

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting