Author Topic: TUCQ.CFG?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Gene42

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
TUCQ.CFG?
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »
Hi, Im new to modding (Both Chex Quest and Doom) but have done soem stuff with Doom Builder 2, however, the download on both this site and the wiki dont work for me, so could someone post me another link or even open theirs up as a text file and post so I can make my own thank you :lolwut

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
Re: TUCQ.CFG?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
You want to mod for TUCQ?

I'm not sure if The Ultimate Chex Quest even had a Doom Builder 2 config, I highly doubt it though, since TUCQ was discontinued before DB2 came out.

I highly recommend you use zdoom or gzdoom as your engine, it's a lot better documented (the zdoom wiki is really helpful, http://zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page) and has more flexibility in mapping

if you want to use zdoom or Gzdoom, you can either use Chex Quest 3 as your IWAD, or Slimeinator's IWAD (which is based on doom 2, it has less textures and sprites, though).

If you want to mod Chex Quest 3, the standard Doom in UDMF format will work just fine.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
Re: TUCQ.CFG?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »
The configuration file is for the latest version of DooM Builder 1.  If you want to mod using DB2 and The Ultimate Chex Quest, you can use the Doom Legacy configuration.  You would have to ask someone else for the Cheesy Configuration.  ;)
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting