Author Topic: FraggleBrain  (Read 4750 times)

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
Re: FraggleBrain
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »
If it was a variable, it should return a broken script because it had not been declared.  It does something, since it returns a value, but it doesn't return the engine variable.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Offline MajorSlime

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
I mean, its an engine variable (as in, built in somewhere in the engine), thats not really meant to be used.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline HyperStandard

• Commonus
  • Thank You
    • In Progress (looks dumb)
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
Depending on how fragglescript works, gameskill may be a pointer to the gameskill() function or something like that.

This is a cool idea though. Do you mind if I steal it for (possible) inclusion in the mod I'll never finish?
nyaa im a cat

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 11:12:04 AM »
I think I already stated that that was the case.  :P  As far as stealing it, that would imply that I've actually had time to hammer out the bugs.  Not that it isn't fun to get swarmed by hordes of Communi, but I am trying to get a little more out of this.

That said, I think tricking the computer into doing something I heard about Half-Life: Black Mesa (An always coming, never here mod of Half Life 2).  They use it for the cockroaches that appear everywhere in Half-Life; it's called ray tracing.  They apparently have the cockroach determine its movement by sending out "rays" that determine how far they are from the wall.  While I do not have a working function to tell if something spawns outside, I could rig it to send out "rays" in all directions for me (actually would be rapidly spawning and removing whatever monster we were checking for), to determine how far from Chexter a flemoid of a particular type could safely spawn.  This might work because I have a function that will correctly determine if a creature is stuck in a wall/other object.  From there it would just be a matter of telling the computer to only spawn monsters between Chexter and the wall, effectively solving my problem.

In theory, anyway.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting