Main Menu

Lounge Ideas

Started by QuadrumpusGuy, November 04, 2010, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

possibly, i'm still doing other stuff. I could see what I could add.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

LAZ Trooper

Sure, I'll give it a whack.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm... I can't seem to upload to Mediafire... should I email it to you two?

MajorSlime

sure;

*Mod edit: Don't put your e-mail address in your posts, it attracts spam (anyone can view this topic, not just members). Send that sort of thing in a PM

If you do that again, I'll assume you know what you're doing and leave it. This time I thought I'd give you a warning...

LAZ Trooper

My email's right down at that little button there, so go for it.

EDIT: Erm, the wad don't work. Skulltag just freezes when it almost loads it completely (after I fixed some errors it was giving me with the wad...), and Doom Builder complains about not having enough memory when I try to load it there.

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on November 28, 2010, 01:08:38 PM

EDIT: Erm, the wad don't work. Skulltag just freezes when it almost loads it completely (after I fixed some errors it was giving me with the wad...), and Doom Builder complains about not having enough memory when I try to load it there.

O_o That's strange... Works fine for me (except the errors)

MajorSlime

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on November 28, 2010, 01:08:38 PM

Did you fix it with XWE? the not having enough memory thing is something XWE does to the wad. Open it up again with XWE and take a look - you won't like it. Next time, before you exit, select a sprite. (don't ask why)

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 28, 2010, 03:34:42 AM
sure;

*Mod edit: Don't put your e-mail address in your posts, it attracts spam (anyone can view this topic, not just members). Send that sort of thing in a PM

If you do that again, I'll assume you know what you're doing and leave it. This time I thought I'd give you a warning...

Thanks 75, I'll keep that in mind.

LAZ Trooper

... so how come the first time the problems people tell me happen when you use XWE happens the one time I'm fixing someone else's wad? It works now. :P

Current Projects:

MajorSlime

yeah...

XWE's kinda screwed up, but if you play it safe, its quite usable.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on December 01, 2010, 09:08:33 PM
yeah...

XWE's kinda screwed up, but if you play it safe, its quite usable.

QFT. NEVER Open the wad up with XWE and DB at the same time... you risk destroying your work. It's possible to do this without the corrupting the WAD file, but risky and not worth it.

MajorSlime

actually, that doesn't screw up the wad, but it makes it so you can't save it due to I/O errors. (for obvious reasons)

what does make your wad screwed up:

for sure:
leaving your cursor selected in a lump (i.e., you just edited some text and your cursors still blinking where it was) when you close the wad

what I think:
having decorate, gldefs, a sound, or PNAMES selected when you close (and save) the wad.

I had some errors with textures where pnames got some text screwed up, but the most i've gotten is everything changing type and data values, which is what happened to you.  XD

QuadrumpusGuy

MajorSlime

Sadly, i've had homework, so not much. I should start up again soon, though.

LAZ Trooper

We need something to make the hallways more interesting... Also, I don't see any real distinct "wings" to it. Also noticed you haven't put in my room.

Something strange I've encountered while wandering: in two places, once in the pool room, once in a long hall, when you're far away from one wall, that walls turns into a giant HOM wall, but it's fine when you get close to it...

Current Projects:

MajorSlime

yeah. i noticed that too. and the one in pool room happens where theres no linedef. just in mid-sector