Todd Waters selling CQ stuff?

Started by xbolt, December 14, 2010, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbolt

This just came into my inbox:

QuoteI was WatersMolitor's CEO at the time we created it for Chex Cereals. Chex Cereals was our client at the time so we pretty much created the ChexQuest game, enrolled AOL to pay for the disc replication cost in exchange for our carrying their selling materials on the ChexQuest CD, and negotiated with ID software to license their game engine as the ChexQuest platform. I wrote the story line and developed the ChexQuest name. We had an impossible timeline for development and were very fortunate to have selected Ditgital Cafe to develop the 'enviornments' and 'character' art along with flawless programing. We knew from the start we'd needed to connect with the the young players with a puck and snot mentality. So Digital Cafe were the ones who came up with the Flemoid name and characters. Pure genius!

I've been cleaning out my storage area and found some of the early versions of the characters along with a 4' 1/2" laminated "Chexter" I had hanging in my office for years.

I know this stuff is very Valuable. I would sell it for the right price.

Todd Waters

I dunno. It seems weird to me...

Replica

That seems interesting, and I do remember some one having a poster of Chexter in his office.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

Quote from: xbolt on December 14, 2010, 09:43:16 PM

QuoteI was WatersMolitor's CEO at the time we created it for Chex Cereals. Chex Cereals was our client at the time so we pretty much created the ChexQuest game, enrolled AOL to pay for the disc replication cost in exchange for our carrying their selling materials on the ChexQuest CD, and negotiated with ID software to license their game engine as the ChexQuest platform. I wrote the story line and developed the ChexQuest name. We had an impossible timeline for development and were very fortunate to have selected Ditgital Cafe to develop the 'enviornments' and 'character' art along with flawless programing. We knew from the start we'd needed to connect with the the young players with a puck and snot mentality. So Digital Cafe were the ones who came up with the Flemoid name and characters. Pure genius!

I've been cleaning out my storage area and found some of the early versions of the characters along with a 4' 1/2" laminated "Chexter" I had hanging in my office for years.

Todd Waters

A elaborate scam?

Hopefully not, but I won't believe it until there are some photographs.

ChexCommander

Quote from: arch129 on December 14, 2010, 10:22:13 PM

Todd Waters

A elaborate scam?

Pics or GTFO
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: ChexCommander on December 14, 2010, 10:41:09 PM
Quote from: arch129 on December 14, 2010, 10:22:13 PM

Todd Waters

A elaborate scam?

Pics or GTFO
QFFT

Next thing you know someone'll be saying they have a copy of the 1946 version of Whaleware (because they don't know it's not real. :P )
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

Yeah, maybe we somehow got on the recieving end of some anon stuff (did we post ANYTHING about Wikileaks?), and thats what's happening.

Ask for pictures, just one or two would be enough to be legit, and maybe the forum has some money to invest in CQ History? (if its real, that is)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: Atariangamer on December 14, 2010, 11:45:04 PM
Yeah, maybe we somehow got on the recieving end of some anon stuff (did we post ANYTHING about Wikileaks?), and thats what's happening.

Maybe they found out that we have a secret stash of..

[spoiler]Whaleware![/spoiler]

xbolt

Alright, I just replied, asking for pictures of the stuff. Let's see what happens.

matthias720

If it's real, I'll faint from the sheer amount of awesome! :whale
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: matthias720 on December 15, 2010, 12:11:20 PM
If it's real, I'll faint from the sheer amount of awesome! :whale
QFT x 9000

xbolt

Quote from: Mysterious PersonSure, but after the New Year.
tw

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on December 15, 2010, 04:25:15 PM
tw

[spoiler]
There may be
[/spoiler]
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

Quote from: ChexCommander on December 15, 2010, 06:46:52 PM
tw

[spoiler]
There may be
[/spoiler]

Or, perhaps he is currently on vacation for Christmas and won't go to his office until after new years? Not that I think it is safe, just that it is a pretty good reason for him not taking the picture(s).
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

tw
This mystery is far from being solved it seems.

Pikazec2012

I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)