Map ideas/suggestions/submissions

Started by 75, January 28, 2011, 12:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

Yeah, I know, I was saying penultimate though, which would be the level before the last level. However, it could probably fit anywhere within the episodes, it'd probably just be best in the later stages of one of the later episodes since it wouldn't really fit in Episode 1 or 2, nor would it really be good near the beginning of any of the episodes.

Maybe it'd make a good secret level?

TrueDude

I had an idea for a room for E1M6, maybe a starting room. Didn't really have any ideas past it but I figured it was kinda a cool room that could be used as part of a layout of sorts.

Download

Anyone can use it for their own attempt at E1M6 or whatever.

TrueDude

I found a somewhat old map pack of mine for Doom and thought four of the levels could potentially be reworked into parts of TUCQ maps. I halfway converted them myself, but they probably need a lot more work past what I've done. I will note, since they're only half converted, there's still some odd texture placement and Doom II objects and enemies that don't exactly work right.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Download

I will note, E1M3, which is probably the best one, actually featured in a Doom II megawad, but only in an extra ZDoom-only bonus content part. (MAP37 of this mod) Still, I think it transferred somewhat well to TUCQ.

TrueDude

Doing a bit of preliminary work on an Asylum/Prison level to submit, and this time I decided that I'm actually gonna try and make a good map before submitting and not throw together something in a few minutes to submit. Also I hope I'm not being annoying by posting so much in this sub-forum the past few weeks.

MajorSlime

Hmmm.... interesting idea, but asylum/prison in a "children's game"? I don't think it really fits into CQ's style...
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

MajorSlime

TrueDude

I dunno, doesn't seem that bad to be... I mean, it's not like me or Boingo would make it dark and gritty. In fact, I decided to kind of switch things up from what you'd expect and have the asylum look nice and sterile. (Like in the pictures) Though, in the end it's really Boingo who will decide how it'll look really I suppose. Still, I'm staying away from the whole flickering lights, horror style you usually see.

On a semi-related note, I'm pretty proud of the 3D floors that I have in use in part of the map that's not in the pictures, even if it isn't really that special or detailed. Mostly because it's the first time I've used 3D floors.

EDIT: Finished most of the map layout:

I took some story liberties and set it on an island ala Alcatraz, hope you don't mind.

Sky pic.

MajorSlime

Looks pretty nice, but perhaps those flat gray walls could use some sprucing up? They kinda blend into each other.

TrueDude

Finished the map for the most part. Only things I could think of it needing would be actual security cameras linked to the security room like in Duke Nukem 3D, some of the switches in the final part aren't animated, and could probably use some more detailing here and there, such as as signs signifying what the different areas are, and the final two doors being labelled as something like "Special Prisoners".

EDIT: Oh, and it's on E3M1.

TrueDude

Gonna donate my E1M4 from the Community Quest, since that projects dead and it's better it potentially goes to something than rot. It's kind of a mediocre level looking back, but you may find some use for it.

Boingo the Clown

I like that idea.

I need new levels if I can get them.

Awesomedude249

Hey, Boingo, I'm making a map that is like a house and, you can use my level as a base for one if you want. i will give it once i'm done.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Awesomedude249

I'm making an E1M6 as well, and i'm making it kinda similar to TrueDude's Design. I'm working on it now, in fact.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

TrueDude

For E2M2, you could try to design it off of older theaters form back in the day, like this one for example.