Because some of you want to contribute to the project, and because there has already a debate between 75 and Green Avenger about the format for levels, I have decided to start a topic with rules and guidelines to help out. It will start out short and get longer over time.
New rules will be added as required.
Some rules may be subject to change as required.
If you are confused between what I have said in other threads and this thread, default to whatever is in this thread.
For the first rule, I am going to reverse what I said earlier that started the argument between 75 and Green Avenger. Remember what I said about using Legacy or plain DooM? Forget it! Here is the first rule:1.) Use whatever port you are comfortable working in.
- We can convert later as needed.
- If the level doesn't get used in T.U.C.Q. it will be easier for you to finish it up and release it if it is already in a format you like.
There. Everybody wins.2.) Levels may get switched around or altered as necessary.
- If you submit what you think is the perfect E3M1, don't be bothered if it ends up as E4M6.
- If your nightclub gets re-textured as a gas station, don't sweat it.
- It is possible that I may take parts of one person's map and combine them with another person's map if I feel they work together. If this happens to you, please don't get mad and and issue a fatwah against my life. Just calm down and we'll discuss it. Contributing to a hybrid map isn't a bad thing.
- If I tweak your map, please count to ten, take a nice warm bath, and try to think happy thoughts that don't involve me and what's in your gun cabinet. Okay?
If worse comes to worst, you can always release the unadulterated version of your map with any words about me that you like, even that ones that might get you banned if you posted them on this forum. 3.) GAME PLAY FIRST!!!
It doesn't matter if you have nothing but boxy rooms with grey walls. If it is fun to play that is what matters. We can always make it look fancy later.More draconian rules coming later.