Here is yet another important thread carried over from the old forum:
Below is a list of things I already plan to do, and will be updated periodically to include new things I either just thought of, or suggestions from the thread that I think I can do. Ideas listed in white are ideas of my own. Ideas listed in yellow
are from suggestions posted by others in this thread. Ideas listed in red
are ones that I have been implemented.
- More snot on the walls where ever possible, especially in areas with lots of flemoids.
New, larger rock textures for E1M5 to aid in better texture alignment and to reduce repetition.
- Add random blocks to the edges of the passages in E1M5 to reduce the visual impact of the vertical side walls, and make the level look more cave like.
Finsh up the police barriers on E2M4
- Add a script triggering linedef that will make the Chex Warrior say, "You can not go this way." and other other similar phrases to indicate to the player that he can not go down the extended street. on E2M4
- Make the snot walls at the ends of the second street look more messy and random.
- Add transitions, such as teleporters or doorways, to the ends and / or beginnings of levels, in order to give the impression that the levels are connected.
- Complete the last of the crown and baseboard detailing on E1M1.
- Build out the computer consoles (currently wall textures) on E1M3.
- Add computers in some of the labs on E1M3.
Several desks and counters using the red cabinet texture throughout the game have grey cement sides. These need to be replaced with textures more consistent with desks and counters.
- The default grey wall texture is ugly, and appears on way too many walls in the game. These need to be replaced with new texture that are appropriate to the buildings they are on.
- More art works, artifacts, and fossils need to be added to the museum.
The walls around the hedge maze should be lowered, and the rear side of the museum should be visible from the maze.
- Provided it does not slow the game down, a layer of transparent textures should be added to the hedges making up the hedge maze to make them look more leafy, similar to the way the vines on E1M4 were built up.
- Implement difficult levels on E2M5 if possible. This may be difficult, because E2M5 is already decently challenging in its current form.
- Add the detailing to the rest of the teleporter backgrounds like the ones on E1M3.
Create new textures for the diner on E2M1. (No. I am not going to steal Chuck's.)
- Create a new Cinema level. (No. I am not going to steal Chuck's.)
- Finish redoing the dark grey area of E2M3 as a storate area filled with crates.
- Finish the skybox on E2M1
- What the heck is that dark grey maze thing doing in a museum? Will this be detailed later, boingo? I could never understand what exhibit that was...
And why you need a yellow key to get into it. I think you should totally delete that section and add a more interesting exhibit. --Lucius OctaviOn
- Would it be possible to make ammo a bit easier to find in the higher difficulty settings? -- Strife
More to come ...
(By the way, feel free to add suggestions here. If I like them I will add them to the list.)