The "To Do" List

Started by Boingo the Clown, February 09, 2011, 03:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

Options > Mouse Options > Cursor

Click on the style type until "Chex" comes up.

TrueDude

I feel I should mention that when going through TUCQ assets, at least in Release 5, I noticed TEKWALL4 and FLOOR5_4 are from the old stolen Chex Quest 3. They should probably be removed. There may be other relics from the old CQ3 that I assume you put in when you planned on porting those maps to TUCQ.

EDIT: Another idea I thought of, you should try adding in some brightmaps. It'd look good on textures like the lights in Caverns of Bazoik, and you could add them to the flemoids eyes, which would kinda add a fun cartoony factor to them, since whenever it'd get dark in a room you'd only be able to see their eyes walking around in the pitch black.

LAZ Trooper

I had actually started working on that for one of my own ideas. I also made brightmaps for the zorch effects. I forget how much I finished. If anyone's interested, I can upload whatever I did.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Boingo the Clown

Yeah.
Brightmaps eventually.

LAZ Trooper

I just checked, and I apparently only did the Commonus, Flembomination, and Lord Snotfolus, although I presume you won't use the last two as they're CQ3?
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

TrueDude

Just thought of this, you could make the floors in the museum reflective. For example. Would make a neat effect if you can pull it off.

A video tutorial on how to do so.

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: TrueDude on February 21, 2013, 11:35:53 PM
I feel I should mention that when going through TUCQ assets, at least in Release 5, I noticed TEKWALL4 and FLOOR5_4 are from the old stolen Chex Quest 3. They should probably be removed. There may be other relics from the old CQ3 that I assume you put in when you planned on porting those maps to TUCQ.

EDIT: Another idea I thought of, you should try adding in some brightmaps. It'd look good on textures like the lights in Caverns of Bazoik, and you could add them to the flemoids eyes, which would kinda add a fun cartoony factor to them, since whenever it'd get dark in a room you'd only be able to see their eyes walking around in the pitch black.
Thanks for pointing out the flat and wall texture. They are now removed.

Brightmaps are definitely in the future some time.