[OLD] Status of this mod [this mod is now back in full development!]

Started by 75, February 11, 2011, 02:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saved for archive purposes, I'm mapping again, so it doesn't apply anymore  ;D

I'm going to wait on doing more maps for this game until I feel like I have something really valuable to add to the collection...

I made a few maps for this that I'm not happy with in this mod, and I don't want that to happen again. I just need more practice, and I'm working on it.  Not to mention, there's a lot of stuff in this wad that I shouldn't have used, including mp3 tracks and non-free textures. When I put the stuff in it, it seemed like a good idea, but I'll want to get rid of the stolen stuff if/when I release the next version (except maybe one thing... XD)

However, this project is not dead by any means. Even if I'm not mapping, other mappers can still submit their stuff. If I like it, or parts of it, I'll use it.

I'll still host this, occasionally, though I'm not available very much, since I spend most of my time at school now. Hopefully, I will graduate from college in December '11, so after that I will be free to host as much as I like  ;D

Let me know if you're interested in playing in the "Multiplayer, Anyone?" topic, either here or in the Chex Quest Multiplayer board.

I'd also like to state that anything in this mod is free to use in other projects, except maps that are not made by me. Contact the person who made it if you want to use a map in your project. If you like my weapons, graphics, or textures, feel free to put them in your mod. Send me a message if you remember when your project is done, I'd like to see where these things end up.

I'd like to be credited for my work, but it's not a huge deal as long as this subforum is still around. This subforum contains pretty much everything I made, if I have extra time I might put all of it in a .zip file and upload it to a more permanent home.

NOTE: Other modders may not "continue" this mod. Feel free to make your own skulltag mod, but I would like to be the only one who can release new versions of this mod (that is, don't modify the P14 release and release it as Chex Skulltag Pack P15, it would  be confusing).
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Well I must say, very nice job on the mod; it's a great addition to the Chex Quest Multiplayer arsenal.  We had Zorchmatch, then Arena, and now this, so it's definitely improved the quality of multiplayer for CQ. I really like the creativity of some of the maps, and their secrets. That rocket jump addition made me rethink how I play this game. XD

So all in all, good job to all of you involved in this project, and best of luck on whatever's next.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods