This IS History

Started by xbolt, March 15, 2011, 08:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbolt

Here's something that will maybe breathe some life back into this section. XD

http://gallery.xboltz.net/

After a long time searching, I've recovered seven WADs from Olden Times, predating even me. Most of you here today will not recognize them, but these paved the way for Newmaps and others in the mod scene. (Well, there's one in there that at least someone will recognize.) They all require Legacy.

Hey, Skulltag guys. You should port those DM levels over. XD

Replica

Hey! Since 5's maps! I gotta try those later on. BTW, I'm pretty sure Atarian's wad didn't predate you, in fact I think they required you mod to run?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

xbolt

Quote from: Replica on March 15, 2011, 08:45:51 AM
BTW, I'm pretty sure Atarian's wad didn't predate you, in fact I think they required you mod to run?

Yeah, I know. That's why I said there was one that some people might recognize. XD

Richie

Wow, these are ancient!  There was literally a different CQFF at this time!  Where did you find them?

xbolt

Quote from: Richie on March 15, 2011, 05:13:02 PM
Wow, these are ancient!  There was literally a different CQFF at this time!  Where did you find them?

I had them all along, sitting on my hard drive, in a folder that has been through three different computers. Being a digital packrat has its uses. XD

LAZ Trooper

This is history? I found chexmaps2.wad, chexmaps3.wad, chexzm.wad, CQuestSE.wad, and oneyear.wad through the CQ Wiki months ago. ???
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

xbolt

Replica

Quote from: xbolt on March 15, 2011, 11:18:58 PM
T_T

Is that a 'You've got to be kidding' or a "Yeah, I know" face?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

xbolt

matthias720

Ditto to what LAZ said. I've had those since I joined the forum.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Are Since5's maps supposed to have doom textures in them?

There's some nice music tracks in here, can anyone confirm he didn't rip them? One of them sounds like a sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone remix, but that's not the one I mean, some of these I've never heard before.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Datra

Ooh, these look really neat.

I'll have to play them once I have time later today.
CQHD Community Dev

xbolt

Quote from: 75 on March 16, 2011, 01:16:56 PM
Are Since5's maps supposed to have doom textures in them?

There's some nice music tracks in here, can anyone confirm he didn't rip them? One of them sounds like a sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone remix, but that's not the one I mean, some of these I've never heard before.

No, they're not supposed to have Doom textures. Use chex.wad renamed to doomu.wad. And regarding the tracks in oneyear.wad:

Quote from: since5
Quote from: xboltCool! laugh.gif And the music was WAY wow.gif cool! Did you do it yourself?

PSH! I wish....nah, that music is up for grab specificly for wads at http://www.doomworld.com/kniggit/public_domain.shtml

@y'all: If you've played them before, sorry for making a big deal about it. But if at least someone is playing these for the first time because of it, then I consider this a success.

(And chexmiss.rar is not on the wiki. So chances are, you haven't played that one. This was actually supposed to be the main attraction here, but I found since5's maps shortly after I found that, so I uploaded them at the same time.)

I still miss wow.gif...

Hmm.... I must have been using the actual doomu.wad  :facepalm

EDIT - yup

EDIT2

chexzm.wad Extendedstoragefacility 1 and 2.wad don't launch.

TUCQPhaseIIBeta2DM(ZM).wad seems to be exactly the same as the original
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

brain candy

Dang, I'd nearly forgotten about Since5. Epic find!