Author Topic: Blast that email!  (Read 1736 times)

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 78
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
Blast that email!
« on: April 27, 2008, 02:15:45 AM »
"Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version. The Outlook email editor will be used instead."

Such is the error message that started appearing on the 15th. It appears when I try to reply to some (not all) emails. Mainly when they start getting long. (~500k I think.)

I've done everything under the Sun to try and fix the darn thing. Repair the installations of Word and Outlook. Re-registering dlls in the registry. Uninstall and re-install Office. Nothing works!

Any of you had this happen? How do I fix it?

Offline Glassyman

• Metalhead
  • Bipedicus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Blast that email!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
I stopped using Outlook many months ago because it was always full of problems even if I never met that one described by you. I do encourage you to download Thunderbird immediately. ;)
im not lisening to anything ;D
1337est post ever made in a musical topic. Congrats. ;D

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
I use Gmail for these and other reasons, such as not having to download email with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Office Outlook, being able to view my email easily on any computer connected to the internet, etc. However, if Mozilla Thunderbird triumphs over Outlook Express in the same manner as Mozilla Firefox triumphs over Internet Explorer, then you should be set with that email client.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 78
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
Wow, out of the four forums I posted this on, you guys were the most helpful. (Even more than the techie forums!) Thanks!

I switched over to Thunderbird fairly painlessly, and it works fine so far. It will take me a while to get used to the new layout, though...

In the words of a famous song:

"This was a triumph..."

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:06:08 PM »
Oh, shucks, man, I didn't really do much. I just emphasized Glassyman's post. :D

I'm glad that Thunderbird's working for you.

EDIT: I believe that standard procedure dictates that I lock this topic when the problem is solved.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting