Author Topic: [IFOC] Server Hosting - Online!  (Read 13876 times)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
    • IFOCSERV
Re: [IFOC] Server Hosting - Online!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
I haven't really played much brutal doom, but I didn't really like what I saw; seems like it would be too distracting.

Also, I try not to host weapon mods to try to keep a pure doom experience. SMWG I can tolerate since it adds dual wielding which is neat, though even in that case I also offer UAC ultra without weapon mods for those that prefer it.

If Parkour worked in zandronum I'd host that, but unfortunately that's a little ways off. (~zdoom 2.6)

I haven't tried Stupid LMS, don't know much about it. When I get time I'll try it.

MM8BDM is fun but there's already a ton of servers for it, if there's a specific game mode you'd like that you can't find or something, let me know.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:44:58 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:13 AM »
Zand servers got updated to 2.1 on July 3rd,

Outdated information for compiling the server binary for this specific version only:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:33:03 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
Servers updated to zandronum 2.1.2 on 7/20/2015,

note that all of the stuff I mentioned on the last post is outdated now

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 59
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 08:51:38 PM »
It seems like every time I go to play I have to download a new version and install it.

Groan.   :facepalm

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 09:44:48 PM »
The Ultimate Needs More Detail Survival server has been removed due to a serious multiplayer issue in E2M8, it's possible for a player to ride the elevator up, then die, then nobody else will be able to get up there after that.

While this is easily fixable it makes me think I need to go through this wad again to make sure there's no other stuff like this I missed (that might take a while)  :facepalm

I'm not sure how I missed that before.

Offline darkstone

• Modding... modding... pulling hair out... modding...
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »
How do I join? I have Zandronum.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
1. Run Doomseeker, and wait a few seconds while the list populates

2. To filter so that it shows only my servers, type "IFOC" in the server filter, you'll see a list of servers that I'm hosting.

Offline darkstone

• Modding... modding... pulling hair out... modding...
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »
Doomseeker?
(shoulders droop, trudges back to Zandronum download page where I didn't grab that)

Offline WindowsVistaLover5570

• The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
  • Just call me Mupen.
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
no one plays when i join.

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 27
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

Sorry, but is that really relevant? Nobody playing isn't a problem, it just means that nobody is on the server right now. If you bump a topic, it should be to add something to the post at hand, not to state a minor thing that isn't that important.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2016, 08:03:27 PM »

Sorry, but is that really relevant? Nobody playing isn't a problem, it just means that nobody is on the server right now. If you bump a topic, it should be to add something to the post at hand, not to state a minor thing that isn't that important.

Thanks Awesomedude but please give me a chance to respond to stuff like this.

Most of us are pretty busy these days it seems. If you get on IRC you might be able to find somebody to play with, depending on the time of day, weekends are your best bet.

You can PM me if I'm on (usually weekends), when I'm ready to take a break I'll join up and play a few rounds. There might be some other guys (or gals) in #IFOC that would be interested in playing, too.

EDIT: Also please don't hesitate to bump this topic if you have something to say about the server cluster. IMO this topic should be exempt from the bumping rule to avoid one off topics like "I can't connect" or "I want to request a wad to be hosted". This sort of thing is pretty common, there's several topics like this on the Zandronum forums.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:12:59 AM by 75 »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:44 PM »
Servers have been upgraded to Zandronum 3.0 a while back (I couldn't log in for a while so this reply is a bit late). For those of you following Zandronum, note that this means that Zandronum is now compatible with up to ZDoom 2.8pre-441-g458e1b1 / GZDoom 1.8.6, which adds tons of features (Zand 2.0 was only compatible with zdoom 2.5.0).

See this Zandronum forums topic for more information on the release: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8500

There were some compatibility problems with Chex Pack -- something to do with thing bridges, also the Large Zorcher sound disappeared and some things got moved out of the zandronum engine and into skulltag_actors.pk3.

So there's a new version of Chex Pack to go with this release, as far as I know this didn't effect any of the other servers except MSPaintDoom, which has been (partially) fixed.

I played a few levels on every server and it seemed to be fine, but don't hesitate to reply to this topic with any issues you find.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:03:31 PM by 75 »

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting