Author Topic: Chex Quest 3d Models by 75  (Read 3188 times)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
Chex Quest 3d Models by 75
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »
I started working on this model for my mod, it's a large zorch shell box, its skin is ugly, and the shells on the other side of the box are upside down (I would like to fix it, but I don't know which parts of the skin texture are the ones that are upside down), but it's my first successful attempt at modeling, so I'm sure it will get better once I understand out how to improve it.

I made it in blender, for the skin, I just resized the shellbox sprites possibly as much as 1000x, at least 100x

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:55:39 AM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Models by 75
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »
I discovered something in Blender that made it very easy to fix and prevent these "texture upside down" errors.

I made two new models

I apologize for using ridiculously large images for the skins, for low resolution images. I thought skins were required to be 512x512. My newest one is 128x128, and that is the size I will be making all of my skins. I will go back and fix those huge images before the next release of my mod, so they don't increase the size of the mod unnecessarily.

Also, here is the MODELDEF code to implement the minizorch pack and the large zorch recharge models in a PWAD of Chex3.wad. This code assumes that you put them in a .pk3, in a directory called "models" (case sensitive)

Code: [Select]
Model LargeZorchRecharge
{
Path "models"
Model 0 "ShellModel.md3"
Skin 0 "ShellModel.png"

Scale 8 8 8

FrameIndex SHEL A 0 0
}

Model MiniZorchPack
{
Path "models"
Model 0 "AmmoBox.md3"
Skin 0 "Ammobox.png"

Scale 8 8 8

FrameIndex AMMO A 0 0
}

EDIT - I realize that these models are very boxy, and just the sprites overlayed as a skin, but it looks better than a floating, single rotation picture.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:04:12 AM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Offline MajorSlime

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
Re: Chex Quest 3d Models by 75
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:34:49 AM »
hmm...

Hey, 75, if i have the time, do you mind if i take a crack at better textures for those?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Chex Quest 3d Models by 75
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
Yes, you can try to improve the textures.

Don't forget about the size change, though

I apologize for using ridiculously large images for the skins, for low resolution images. I thought skins were required to be 512x512. My newest one is 128x128, and that is the size I will be making all of my skins. I will go back and fix those huge images before the next release of my mod, so they don't increase the size of the mod unnecessarily.

The shells and shellbox skins are much too large. I'll make a smaller skin and re-post.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:42:50 PM by 75 »

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting