Author Topic: Doom Builder  (Read 1586 times)

Offline MrFlem

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Doom Builder
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
I want to start making levels from The New Chex Quest 2, but the program won't let me load the wad file correctly. HELP!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:12:03 PM by MrFlem »

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 18
    • Chex Quest Replica!
Re: Doom Builder
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem. It isn't loading the TNCQ2 wad? This is just a guess but, saying that it's not loading the wad correctly suggest you're hitting "load" and loading a mod. What you need to do is hit "new map" and then load the wad as a resource. If loading it as a resource is the problem, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe check the path to the wad or redownload DB2.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Doom Builder
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »
By The New Chex Quest 2.wad, do you mean the IWAD that is Doom 2 with Chex textures and sprites? It should work as a resource, what is the error?

Also, I want to recommend that you use Chex3.wad instead. It has more enemies and more textures, if you use that wad, your mod will require less work later on.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting