Your Favourite CQ WADs?

Started by Per-Scan, September 17, 2011, 08:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

That has nothing to do with the point I am trying to make. What I'm saying is that your comment on "obviously nothing modern lately" completely disregards modern CQ ST creations, such as the CQ Skullpack, and lacks acknowledgement for other wads in development that implement Chex Quest, such as ZDWars.

That and the amount of years someone spends on ST have no correlation.

MajorSlime

Dudes, why so serious /batman quote

Seriously, though, it was a random comment in passing, not meant to offend anyone, nor provide lack of acknowledgement to any mods.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

brain candy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on September 22, 2011, 11:15:02 PM

Seriously, though, it was a random comment in passing, not meant to offend anyone, nor provide lack of acknowledgement to any mods.

Thank you.

Now, that's a wrap folks. Let's chill out.

[spoiler]I just discovered the Japanese emoticon keyboard on my iPhone.

@(・●・)@

It's Cameron the Karmic Koala! Or a Ferengi, not sure.[/spoiler]

I can't speak for QG, but I'm not offended; nothing said in this topic is any significance to me after I gave my recommendations for wads; unless the admins/moderators take action against me for saying nothing said is of any significance to me.

Again; if I'm misinterpreting his vague statement again, he should say so. I'm correcting him based on that interpretation, since he did not give me another explanation for what he said. I only try to correct somebody who evades a discussion once. There's little else to say aside from repeating myself, because he did not confirm or try to refute what I said. I've already made what I said as clear as possible, and I can't introduce anything new since I'm working on an assumption. However, don't expect me to ignore what he said, and I won't change my stance without an explanation from him of what he meant.

In all situations, if you want to refute what I'm saying, make a good case for it; if you make a bad case, don't be surprised if I reply. If you aren't comfortable with justifying what you said, don't reply. It's a public forum, you should be prepared for a counter-argument from anyone. Why post, if you don't want to see anything new in reply?

I have noticed the moderation policy in this forum is to avoid conflict, including good debates and discussions. This policy is why I have no interest in posting here aside from giving wad reviews, recommendations, modding tips, and updates to my mod. I ask anyone who wants to try to use this forum's oppressive policies as an easy way to win a discussion to leave me alone. If the admins/moderators feel this post is too explicit for this forum, I challenge you to keep it, if I'm wrong you have nothing to fear.

Don't try to negotiate with me on this; I will only repeat what I said, there is no substitute for freedom of speech. I have no interest in being part of a mod team or forum that pretends that it's more important to be peaceful than to have rational discussions, and enforces this policy with bans.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

brain candy

Quote from: 75 on September 23, 2011, 01:36:58 PM
I can't speak for QG, but I'm not offended; nothing said in this topic is any significance to me after I gave my recommendations for wads; unless the admins/moderators take action against me for saying nothing said is of any significance to me.

Again; if I'm misinterpreting his vague statement again, he should say so. I'm correcting him based on that interpretation, since he did not give me another explanation for what he said. I only try to correct somebody who evades a discussion once. There's little else to say aside from repeating myself, because he did not confirm or try to refute what I said. I've already made what I said as clear as possible, and I can't introduce anything new since I'm working on an assumption. However, don't expect me to ignore what he said, and I won't change my stance without an explanation from him of what he meant.

In all situations, if you want to refute what I'm saying, make a good case for it; if you make a bad case, don't be surprised if I reply. If you aren't comfortable with justifying what you said, don't reply. It's a public forum, you should be prepared for a counter-argument from anyone. Why post, if you don't want to see anything new in reply?

I have noticed the moderation policy in this forum is to avoid conflict, including good debates and discussions. This policy is why I have no interest in posting here aside from giving wad reviews, recommendations, modding tips, and updates to my mod. I ask anyone who wants to try to use this forum's oppressive policies as an easy way to win a discussion to leave me alone. If the admins/moderators feel this post is too explicit for this forum, I challenge you to keep it, if I'm wrong you have nothing to fear.

Don't try to negotiate with me on this; I will only repeat what I said, there is no substitute for freedom of speech. I have no interest in being part of a mod team or forum that pretends that it's more important to be peaceful than to have rational discussions, and enforces this policy with bans.

This thread was brought to my attention by someone who was not involved. They were not trying to use our forum's "oppressive policies" to stifle a debate, just showing concern.

75, I really don't give a crap what goes on in here as long as it doesn't turn into an out and out bar brawl and y'all don't go breaking my floor lamps. I only act if a concerned citizen speaks up or if it's something universally offensive. The members define what's appropriate and I'll respond accordingly. If it feels like the policy is to avoid conflict, then conflict avoidance must be a part of our forum culture. It's not something actively being pushed down by me.

We're all (mostly) adults and I trust that you all will keep a lid on things and moderate yourselves. My job is to just remind everyone how we got to this rather peaceful point in our forum's existence (empathy, cooperation, compromise, etc), clean up a few F-words here and there, and chase off spammers and stoner ninjas. I'm not here to suspend, ban, or censor anyone over a discussion.

In this case, I'm here to request that everyone keep the more venomous and accusatory vocabulary to a minimum and to just drop the debate altogether if there isn't even anyone actively engaging you with an opposing view. I've certainly inspired some heated debates that I really didn't want to get into with a misinterpreted drive-by comment. If no one is pushing back, then don't keep pushing.

@(・●・)@

I don't know what you mean by a bar fight, it seems impossible on the internet. However, I will remember what you said, and I will continue as I was. I will assume what you said is true at this time (i.e, that you won't enforce an anti-confrontation policy), if you are telling the truth, I won't have any problems here.

I sustain the rest of my case from my last post. Unless CC clarifies what that statement meant, I have nothing more to say. It was not a debate, though; mostly me and QG repeating ourselves to people not involved in the discussion.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on September 22, 2011, 11:15:02 PM

THANK YOU!

You talked about what mods were available, I continued and meant (in my opinion) that nothing else I knew of was modern. That's all. I don't really understand what everyone was freaking out about.

Quote from: brain candy on September 23, 2011, 03:25:05 PM
If no one is pushing back, then don't keep pushing.

@(・●・)@

Thanks, BC.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Quote from: ChexCommander on September 23, 2011, 04:25:26 PM
You talked about what mods were available, I continued and meant (in my opinion) that nothing else I knew of was modern.

Ok; why didn't you say that a page ago?

TrueDude

Why you guys no mention my mods? :(

I didn't like the original Stolen Chex 3, so I never played your version; did you add new levels?

Sunder Quest is a retexture of Sunder; although it looks like it took a lot of effort, it doesn't add any new gameplay, and I didn't like Sunder to begin with. Its mapping looks great, but it's rather repetitive, and the armies of enemies in the game are organized in a way that forces you to move slowly through the maps, which isn't as satisfying as something like Doom E1 or UAC Ultra where you are always moving and dodging.

ChexCommander

Quote from: TrueDude on September 23, 2011, 07:51:21 PM
Why you guys no mention my mods? :(

Forgot, sorry! Didn't realize you had started up the CQ3 remake until a couple days ago!

Well, is that modern enough for ya?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234