Main Menu

Extreme Survival

Started by MajorSlime, November 02, 2011, 01:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

EXTREME SURVIVAL

I'm working on a set of maps as a bonus for the CQ Skulltag Pack. Note that these are an ADD-ON.

Basic idea is this:

• The basis is taken from Skulltag Survival (but is ran in Cooperative)
  • There is an unlimited amount of rounds
  • You get 'bounty' for lasting more rounds and killing more monsters
  • In order to get ammo or better weapons (simple weapons are free) you have to spend your 'bounty'
  • There are also various traps and such that you can activate with your 'bounty'
  • Opening up new areas also costs 'bounty'
  • The goal is to survive as long as possible
  • I'm hoping to have some sort of way to revive dead teammates, but it may not be possible, IDK
  • Weapons are upgradable for 'bounty' at various locations
  • Bounty multipliers for many successful zorches in a row, up to 3x. Resets to 1x after 3 seconds.

So, those are the main points.

Currrently, i've got one map in the works, SES01.

SES01

Screenies:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Progress:

MAP      [||||      ]
CODE     [||||||||| ]
GRAPHICS [||||      ]
MUSIC    [X]

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

I like most of this idea, I was thinking of a money system for my survival maps

I'm not sure what you mean about having it cost money to open new areas, and I believe it's a bad idea to rely on other players to revive you with the money they are using to buy ammo/weapons/secret areas;

I had a better idea for reviving players:

When the player loses all of his health, freeze him and have him fall to the ground, players can revive him by shooting him with zorch, just like the captives.

When he is "dead", he has the option to immediately respawn, if he has some lives left. However, if he chooses to immediately respawn, he goes back to the start (and I was considering removing all of his weapons).

If he is revived by another player, he keeps all of his weapons, and starts back right where he was immobilised.

Another idea is to give players the ability to revive other players by shooting them.

This could be too difficult to implement, if it is, I'll wait for a newer engine to do this
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

Hmm...

It could be just possible with some clever 'thing' rigging...

Actually, what do you think about automatic revival at the end of each wave (unless everyone is dead), but you lose all your weapons and items? I'd probably have the zorching idea or something...

And by open new areas, I mean you pay some 'bounty' and a roadblock (not necessarily literally) opens up, allowing access to a new area. There will be some that automatically open up, but most of them you have to pay for.

Oh, I also forgot, weapons will be upgradable. As to how much, IDK at this point.

MajorSlime

Also, can you please put SpawnIDs on the ammo?

What i'm working on is sorta impossible without them >_>

SpawnIDs? Why can't you use Spawnspot() or Spawn()?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

Because its not working >_>

On that note, what should I use for minizorch ammo (as in, the name)? I tried "ZorchClip", which is what it said in the decorate definition, but it didn't work.

You should use "zorchclip", you'll be able to pick up "minizorchammo", but it won't give you ammo for the minizorcher/rapid zorcher/etc.

How was it not working? Did it fail to spawn?

MajorSlime

Check your spelling, I just used "summon zorchclip" and it worked

If you spelled it right, paste your code here and I'll look at it tomorrow or the day after.

MajorSlime

NVM, fixed :facepalm

Apparently, you have to multiply the z-coordinate by that random obscure number as well. >_<

Also, what did you think of the new ideas I added up there?

And is anyone else gonna comment on this?!

noob1234

even though I'm a noob, YES! awesome idea :whale

MajorSlime

Thanks, noob.

BTW, 75, the map is going great. I'm not gonna let anyone else make maps for this (sorry) because the code is pretty much entwined with the map. Though, I might possibly be able to convert one if someone DOES make a map... If anyone out there does, though, please wait until the first ones finished so you have a model. Back on subject, if you want to test the map with me sometime, 75, let me know. Current progress can be found in first post.

Your ideas are good, but the success of this depends entirely on how you implement them.

I haven't been online very often, and that won't change until after I graduate in December. However,  post  or send me a PM telling me when you can test this, and I'll tell you if I'll be home.

Also, you can send me the wad over PM or e-mail and I'll play through it when I have time; I understand why you would want to show me it online in a server, but it's your best chance of getting me to play this if you want feedback on it soon.

MajorSlime

Yeah, its sorta meant for more than one person XD Although, I could change how many monsters spawn depending on how many people are playing...

Anyways, definitely want to try on a server, especially after what happened last time >_<

The map is still in early stages, but as it gets better i'll send you a PM with what times would be good. I"m actually rather happy with the layouts I have so far, as they both provide cover and do not hinder your ability to dodge (usually)

MajorSlime

Map update for SES01

Code is nearing completion. It is mostly done, but the monster spawning code is buggy. It will probably get a revamp sometime, and be completely re-written.

New progress on the map, which now includes 3 areas; Spawn Cavern, Front Lawn, Botanical Hall. Botanical Hall probably needs to be redone and widened.

As for graphics, well, not alot of progress, but i've got one :D just haven't implemented it >_>

The map IS playable atm, though (at least until about round 5 or 6), so let me know if you feel like playing it, 75, and i'll try to get that arranged. If anyone else wants to test, I say go for it, but I can't host. Send me a PM if you REALLY want the file. (still quite buggy and unfinished looking)