1998 CQ3 Beta?

Started by LAZ Trooper, December 14, 2011, 04:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

I was reading the Digital Cafe wikipedia article and it says that there was a Chex Quest 3 beta on their website for a short time in 1998. Does anyone know anything about this? Edit: the Chex Quest article mentions it too.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Replica

A CQ3 beta? O_o This is the first I've heard of this. Maybe they meant CQ2?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

LAZ Trooper

No, Chex Quest 2 was available for download. It says there was a video or something for CQ3.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

This makes no sense, though...

In 1998, the Wayback Archive got an empty server that redirected to something else General Mills was doing at the time. How could information on a third and fourth installment be posted if the website was out of commission in this time? The only thing I can think of is possibly the CQ3 beta being on a Digital Cafe page and not CQ.com. Also to think about the reason CQ4 didn't come to be was their merging/being bought by another company at the end of the year.
I've tried wayback-ing the page they cited this information from, but its just gone...The Home of the Underdogs was the source. Nothing I do gets the page I want, which is this: http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=2969

However, Contact some of the guys we got: Benson, Chukker, and didn't we have another DC member who posted here once? We need to see about getting in touch with them about it. Confirming/denying its existence would be a start, but if its confirmed...we have got SUCH a file hunt on our hands...

EDIT: Now, on the CQ Wiki, we've got posted that the 'Chex Quest 3', the stolen one, was released in 1998. IDK when either of these pages were last edited, but they do refer to the CQ3 stolen one being a CQ3 beta (the wiki, of course, dispels this rumor).
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

I'm 99% sure the CQ3 they're referring to is what the CQFF calls the infamous "stolen" CQ3. But I still remember playing that CQ3 and loving the heck out of it.

As for a video, I have no idea.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods