QuadrumpusGuy's Survival Map Progress - Now With Screenshots!

Started by QuadrumpusGuy, February 13, 2012, 08:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

Updates

E4M6: This map I have been stuck on for a while, but have finally gotten the mood to resume mapping (after a long hiatus of Age of Empires II)
E4M8: Finally got motivated and started! This map will be in a valley where you must make your way to the top of a pyramid. The map so far has the basic premises, and I am currently working on raising/lowering bridges (they won't be glitchy either).

E4END will be the only map in UDMF due to a need in scripting.

Two Secret maps are in the episode.

E4M7 now has an extended deathmatch area and fixed doors. 

Introduction of Flem Balloon (Still needs some bug fixes within frames) - May add rotations later, Gyro movement in the balloon (Seems a bit odd that they're static in the balloon)?

Tweaks
E4M3: Deleted the bridge next to the base entrance
    -Learned the hard way that Vanilla Bridges DON'T WORK in Co-op... (Unless it is inactive and does not move and interfere with combat.
Layout and enemy tweaks throughout the other maps...
Going to try and reduce Framerate lag in E4M5 in the main area (happens in OpenGL only - could just be the # of Sectors or area being rendered...

When Episode 4 is finished, I will go back through the older episodes and fix the maps that I have not touched yet. I've already fixed up E1M1 and E1M2, although I may make a few revisions to E1M2. I had an E1M4 canvas somewhere, but it may be lost on my broken USB Drive (literally broken - the soldering snapped merging the circuitry and the adapter).

QuadrumpusGuy

Progress has been slow once again due to the taking of a new project for Doom2.wad.

But over the break, I will be working on the last of the Survival maps. Expect updates (unless I start to slack again...).

QuadrumpusGuy

There is still no new progress since the last message - I'm still somewhat in a slump in mapping for the project still.

So there won't be progress until further notice - Basically when I finally get the motivation to finish the maps and create the final boss.

QuadrumpusGuy

Finally I am making progress again within E4M8's layout. Further details to come within a week or so (busy week ahead for me).

QuadrumpusGuy

Finally, some progress:

E4M6: I haven't done too much in a while with this one as I've been working on E4M8 more lately.

E4M8: I've added some of portions to the layout and have up to the Yellow key (the first in the level). The entire layout wraps around the perimeter of the central pyramid, which you eventually will climb towards the top of in the end, only to be greeted by a "welcoming committee.

Screenshots

E4M6:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

E4M8:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

MajorSlime

Oh yeah, forgot to comment. I actually tried doing a pyramid level like that once before, but yours looks a whole lot better.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

I'm really hoping to get the rest of Episode 4 done over the upcoming Spring Break. I'll need to be focused, however, so let's see how well that goes first of all...

Awesomedude249

Dude, i'm working on a map and i will give it to whoever can contact 75 so that he can send it to him.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem