The Flem Balloon: A work in progress.

Started by QuadrumpusGuy, July 26, 2012, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

Based off of one of Boingo's sketches.

chexquestisawful

looks good there, quad! That'd be a hard enemy to sneak past, that's for sure!
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

LAZ Trooper

Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Ooh... purty. I only have one problem with it. The balloon is a little too... patterny. Maybe larger swirls/bumps mixed in with the smaller ones?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

Yeah, that looks very nice, but maybe more variance in the slime

QuadrumpusGuy

It's actually really hard to do that since I used Boingo's TALLSNOT Textures stacked so that it was squared and used a tool in GIMP that maps it onto a globe. At the time I was considering rotations for this monster, but 75 said that all would be fine without rotations.

Also, coding is almost finished minus a few bugs - All Thanks goes to Combinebobnt.

MajorSlime

Honestly, Quad, I'd take a tool like Photoshop, or Paint.net or something (never used GIMP, so i don't know it's features), and just paint your own pattern based on that one (but more varied). It may take a bit to get it right, but then you'd know how to do it in the future.

Hand making slime is actually really hard, it involves knowing about how to make cartoony borders for the 3d areas, and shine. I wouldn't try it, personally, I've just barely mastered metallic sheen.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

I know it's rather hard, I've tried it myself. But if you can get it down, you've got it down. I honestly would recommend doing it.

oh, I will try it eventually, though right now I know I don't have the skill for it.

EDIT - Just read this again, you can draw slime? Really? That's great!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem