Author Topic: computer problems  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: computer problems
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
@rich: TBH, Intel is coming up with more of the same. For the end user, the i series isn't doing much. The prices are rising, the speeds are about the same, and the benefits are only to the ultra high end. At least in my eyes and experiences.

AMD, on the other hand, is getting very fast, very powerful chips in now. I got a friend who swears by them (though honestly, he's learned most everything about computers in the past few months, he just got AMD because they were a good deal for the speed. Seriously, his computer is cool running, is a full 8 core processor, no overclock. He does nothing but basic usage of internet and stuff, but its smooth as silk. His only bottleneck is his hard drive, he really needs solid state. He's even got high end AMD graphics in there, and it's all good.

Replica's computer is a 6 core AMD running quite fast, with good memory and upper-midrange graphics. His computer is a beast. It runs everything without breaking a sweat.

But you look at my desktop, Core 2 Quad at 3.3Ghz with a 460SE graphics card, and 4GB memory...Then you look at my laptop, Core i7 at 2GHz with a 460M graphics, and 8GB memory. Even at a lower speed, that hyperthreaded 8 cores should be smoking, right? that whole turbo boost should be speeding up my apps. Fast hard drive, faster memory, and a decidedly equal graphics card...Why do they run EXACTLY the same? They have the same performance, completely. Now, that might be a testament to Intel...they're getting more efficient. You don't need a 4GHz quad core, you just need a 3Ghz one, or a 2Ghz one. But hey, if they act about the same, why not charge the same? Why charge HUGE money for it? At least AMD is kind of picking it up. If it runs the same at a lower speed, speed it up and make it worth getting a newer, faster processor!

That's just my opinion
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 01:13:12 AM »
I haven't had any heat problems at this point.

The only true issue I had with AMD is running Rage. But Texture popping is more of ID's fault.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting