Chex Quest 3 on Dosbox

Started by Bored42, August 10, 2012, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bored42

Im new here and I have dosbox turbo for android and dosbox for mac. I want to run Chex Quest 3 and downloaded the dosbox version from this website by Vulture. When I tried to unzip it it says the zip file corrupted. Can someone please reupload the zip file or help me configure the wad so it can run in dosbox for me?

MajorSlime

Sorry 'bout that, most of the downloads are broken. See if you can find what you need here:  http://gallery.xboltz.net/downloads/
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

LAZ Trooper

The question is, the real CQ3, or the stolen CQ3?

Can CQ3 run on dosbox? It's zdoom...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=67

And anyways, bored, that chex quest 3 does not run via dosbox, i believe. I don't know if any chex quest 3 does. It uses the ZDoom engine, i'd go look at ZDoom and see if theres a port for Mac. As for Android, I believe someone ported CQ/Doom/Hexen/whatever to it at one point... (at least, they made an engine that runs them)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

LAZ Trooper

Stolen CQ3 would probably work on dosbox, as it runs with chex.exe. But do any of us recommend CQ3Stolen? No...

But speaking of Android, I'm getting a phone soon, and it would be cool to get CQ on it. (I know Breakfast Trek is being made to do this legally, but...)
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

There is a mac port of zDoom, go to www.zdoom.org to download it

though I found that it has some latency issues, it shouldn't be significant for chex 3.

Chex3 will not run on iphone (or any phone); the hardware just isn't powerful enough for zDoom. I believe there is some version of Boom that works on smart phones but that is the limit.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Bored42

I have 3 working with wine on my mac, but i could only get 1 and 2 on android. And I mean the real chex quest 3, not the fake one.

QuadrumpusGuy

The Real Chex Quest 3 cannot be ran through DOS, and I don't think there are any modifications of the Chex Executable to support this.

Chex3.wad is only compatible with ports that support DECORATE.

nightwheel

Quote from: Bored42 on August 11, 2012, 10:46:55 PM
I have 3 working with wine on my mac, but i could only get 1 and 2 on android. And I mean the real chex quest 3, not the fake one.
May I ask which app you are doing this with? And how you have configured the app to run the wads. (I also need a copy of the wads.)

I got a Galaxy S III sitting here I would love to play Chex Quest on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein