Main Menu

About the Lounge

Started by MajorSlime, September 10, 2012, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

Actually, I was kinda curious, was the Lounge Project cancelled for a specific reason, or was work just stopped on it? If it's the latter, could I maybe have a copy of the latest work?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

I couldn't think of a use for a lounge, though I don't like making or playing in maps that don't have some sort of combat in them, either with monsters or other players.

CQLoungeBXX was fun while it lasted but that time has passed, I don't have much interest in making a new chex lounge.

I don't see the point, there isn't really a use for a lounge, except perhaps as a random Easter egg, which I would rather just put as a hidden bonus in a real map.

I forget where the last version of the lounge is but I remember it has a lot of HOMs and incomplete areas.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

Well, my idea of a lounge was more of a 'HUB' where people could wait and maybe vote on the next map, etc. I was also thinking of putting in some additional 'mini-games' or some other sort of goals, just to have fun. Do you mind if I make an add-on lounge?

You can make one, though I doubt I would put it in the pack or host a server just for that map, I don't consider lounge gameplay worth hosting a server for, and I don't like the idea of using the lounge to go to other, non-lounge maps.

There's a separate hub map for duel (which is good so that people who want to play aren't held up by people who want to look around a complicated lounge), and I believe the map rotation list/callvote is more fair than waiting for a vote to pass regarding which map to go to next from a lounge for ZM/CTF.

Also, if you call a vote on a real ZM / CTF map, players have something to do in case their vote doesn't get passed, I can imagine a vote on a lounge could possibly cause players who want to play to get stuck on the lounge with not much to do by people who wanted to stay in the lounge if this was hosted on a 24/7 server as a replacement for a DM / CTF server.

It would be fine for an addon wad, though.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

K.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can do something about that.... well, i'll go experimenting.

LAZ Trooper

The last version I saw had way too many blank extremely long halls.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Yeah, thats what I thought, If I go and experiment with this, it'll be from scratch.

Anything you make will need to be completely perfect (and troll proof) in coding if it involves voting or map changing for me to host it 24/7. You're welcome to try, and I'll implement it if it adds to the game and can't be exploited in any way.

Also, remember to comment your code and keep it organized. Anything you submit to me I'll have to read through and understand fully before I put it in. If you do something weird or hacky I want to know what it does and why you did it, so if it doesn't work in Zand 1.2 I'll know what to replace it with.

MajorSlime

K, I've been keeping my code extremely organized lately anyways, so I myself can read it XD