Which one looks better?

Started by Boingo the Clown, November 20, 2012, 08:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the two table supports looks better?

The one on the left
2 (25%)
The one on the right
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 22, 2012, 08:43:44 PM

Boingo the Clown

This is silly, but I cant decide which of two table supports to use for the tables in the diner on E2M1.

Click on the url below to see the two supports.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6788/screenshotdoom201211201.png

The one on the right has a footed base and is taken directly from the tables in DeiMWolf.

The one on the left is a variant with a round base.

Which do you guys prefer?

Also, what kind of things might you like to see sitting on the counter?  Things like Ketchup and mustard bottles, salt and pepper shakers, napkin dispensers?  What else?  I am not promising to do any of these things, but I am thinking about it.

Replica

I think a cash-register would make sense.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Nomekop

I would have to say the one on the right, but I figure it would only work if your going for a retro style. newer tables are bolted to the wall, after all.

Atariangamer

the four foot one. I've only been to one restaurant that used round bottomed tables.

And on the counter...drinks, possibly.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

xbolt

Yeah, I think the right one looks better too.

And maybe a few discarded plates of food on the tables from when the patrons ran for their lives? (Iron Chef fears nothing!)

chexquestisawful

I voted for the round table, then saw that I was the only one who voted for it.

Whatever.

Also, I think that there should be a linedef trigger that makes any flemoids too close to the iron chef get "zorched". Just throwing that out there.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Boingo the Clown

So far the footed base seems to be the favourite.  Four votes here, and three more  from guys I have been talking to on instant messengers so far.

noob1234

Daww, I liked the round base... seems California restaurants have that more commonly than the rest of the country -_-
The other one looks good though
You could do ketchup etc, but if you wanted to go for a creepier just-abandoned look you could put half-empty plates... which would of course be harder

Boingo the Clown

It looks like the four footed base is the winner by a landslide.

I was slightly partial to the round base, but  if I add the people I have talked to on instant messenger to the poll it works out to a total of ten votes to three, so it looks like that is the style of base I will use.

Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what colour to make the base.  There is far too much grey in Chex Quest and I am not sure black will work, so I may have to figure something else out entirely.

MajorSlime

Charcoal? XD

On a more serious note, some sort of shade of brown?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Boingo the Clown

I was just considering that olive green that is on the palette.  It might make a good contrast with the red booths.