T.U.C.Q. Progess Thread

Started by Boingo the Clown, December 01, 2012, 02:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

While we are on the subject of billboards:

Just for fun, here is a screen shot of a couple of billboards I made in a test level for DeiM many MANY years ago,

There are no 3D sectors here. There are just regular sectors and sky.

Boingo the Clown

Progress Report: May 4, 2016

Something looks different.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  ???

Do you know what it is?

http://www.doomlegends.com/chexquest/screenies/Screenshot_Doom_20160503_174930.png

darkstone

Is it the STBAR? It looks different.

Boingo the Clown

Maybe.

In what way does it look different?

SnowChex

It's a lot more ordered and nicer to look at than vanilla :V.

Boingo the Clown

I guess I had better let the bag out of the cat.

I made a high res status bar.  1280 x 128 instead of 320 x 32.

I did my best to make it look as much like the original as posible, and it looks like I succeeded, seeing how people have had so much trouble seeing the difference.  Trust me.  There is a difference/

I  made the numbers a little narrower, so the zorch, health, and armour amounts don't spill off their panels on the left side anymore.

MajorSlime

Oh believe me i noticed. Especially since some things are blurred when they're up-stretched (looking at you, mugshot, and you, keys).

Think you could do something about that?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Boingo the Clown

The keys will probably be redone some time in the next week, but it is unlikely I will do anything with the face for a while.

I always thought the original "single shade of yellow" font could use some sprucing up, nice work

Also the high res hud looks really crisp, I like how you maintained the style of the original
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

xbolt

So sharp, I cut myself on that screenshot.

Datra

Is the powered down teleporter new? Or is that from an older version of TUCQ?
CQHD Community Dev

LAZ Trooper

The thing I noticed was the control panel.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

noob1234

Boingo the Clown

Progrees Report: May 17, 2016

Did some stuff.

On E2M1:

I finally replaced that terrible default grey texture on Hangar 12.  It is still grey, and it is just a desaturated version of the brown texture, but it looks a whole lot better.

On E2M2:

Built a park around that fountain I made.

Added some streets.

The park is now connected to the rest of the level.

Created a pair of variant textures. They red brick walls, one with windows like the city wall texture, and one has corner stones.

On E2M3:

I altered the Woman with Water Jug textures. The was a mismatch in the pair of them.  It appears they were rescaled to slightly different sizes, an while it was only a one pixel difference, it made the texture appear to stretch and jump when the switch was activated.  So I Frankensteined the two together to get them to be more consistant. I also repainted the second texture so the woman has a more exaggerated look of shock on her face, mainly due to the spider dangling in front of it.

I added a "new" dinosaur to the museum. The sprite was actually already in Chex Quest 2, but it wasn't used in the game. I touched up the sprite slightly, and used it to replace the space fighter on the upper floor of the museum, which never made sense.  I had to raise the ceiling a little to make it fit, but it looks good, and is a big improvement over the space fighter.

By the way, I need some opinions.

I wanted to change the neon sign on the diner in E2M1 so it looked less like a style from the 1970s, and more like a style from the 1950s.  I chose a more '50s googie style font, and gave it a try, but I am not certain whether I want to keep it or not.

Which do you like better?

The old version?

or the new version?

(Yes. I had to make the roof taller for it to fit.)

Let me know which one you like, and I will (probably) go with that.

Awesomedude249

I like the old one tbh, but that's just my opinion.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to