Author Topic: Hello, my name is DShiznit  (Read 3380 times)

Offline DShiznit

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hello, my name is DShiznit
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:04:13 AM »
I just rediscovered Chex Quest yesterday, and it brought back memories of when my cousin showed off the original CD-ROM game all those years ago. I remember the cheesy premise and my cousin John's amusement at this quirky yet relatively high quality game he pulled out of a cereal box.

I discovered this forum after playing the game, and I've made this account so I could ask a question. I was going to ask this in the general topic but I suppose I could pose it here:

Is there any way to get the original Chex Quest experience, movies and all? Chex Quest 3 will still be my go-to version for the most part, and I've seen the movies on youtube, but I long to relive that moment when the game was started up for the first time and the cut-scene played, right before diving into the action, and Chex Quest 3 is decidedly cut-scene-free. Is there some way to download and merge the movies back into the game, so I can get the enhanced features along with the original intro and ending, or am I better off just nabbing an ISO, making myself a disc and playing the old-fashioned way?

I also vaguely remember a cutscene that played when the player "died", but I could easily be mistaking the end sequence for that since when I was 4 that munch transition in the context of a game about cereal would certainly look like an unpleasant end for the character.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you, and further exploring the fandom for this amazing little game.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Hello, my name is DShiznit
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:04:13 AM »

Offline ChexMaster2109

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
Re: Hello, my name is DShiznit
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:26:18 AM »
http://gallery.xboltz.net/downloads/

There ya go, its one of the downloads in there. Chex Quest (Full CD) I believe. There's also the cut-scenes to download separately. As far as I know there is no dying cut-scene. That would be kind of... weird.

Welcome to the forum :)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:01:50 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

Yes, there was never a dying cut scene; just a beginning and ending cut-scenes.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
If you're talking about playing the entire game exactly as it was installed in 1996, with movies playing at the start and end of the game, that's not really possible unless you download the iso and burn it to a CD, then use that to install it on a computer that it will work on (it's possible but unlikely that it will work on Windows 7 X86, more likely that it will work with Windows XP, and almost a sure thing with Windows 9X; you can likely get old Windows 9X CDs on Ebay; install that on a virtual machine using Virtualbox, and it should work).

EDIT - $40 for a windows 9X CD? I didn't think they would be that expensive.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:39:27 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Johnny Bravo

• chex quest player
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
  • i like jonny bravo and is my favv show!! :)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 02:05:30 AM »
hi my name is johnny bravo ur name is dshiznit good name dude but if you wanna play chex like in old days get a chex cd off e bay its best way ok!
john 3:16 : ""For God so loved the world that he gived his one and only Sun, that whoever believers in him shal not perish but have eternal life. "
im making a chex quest wad to and when is done ill post and people will see and liek!

Offline grouchbag

• *sweet little old lady*
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
Welcome,Little One!Enjoy,and have fun! ;D

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting