Please Help !!!

Started by Big Burrit0, May 18, 2008, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Burrit0

Yea i will take a screen of the error.
Do Vegetarians Eat Animal Crackers ???

Manny Cav

To keep things simple:

Go here and download "TUCQp2b3_Full_Setup.zip". It sounds to me like you, indeed, have the rotten scifience version of Chex Quest found here.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Big Burrit0

No i downloaded from that link ...the TUCQ full setup and all i do is push the launcher app ...just the 2 probs are that past lev 4 and stuff wont permently save

Atariangamer

actually, in legacy, if you use just the wrong thing...it doesn't work. I suggest getting the full setup of TUCQ off of Boingo's site. Its already working, and it plays the same (if not better).
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Big Burrit0

Sick ..i will give it a shot and tell you how it goes

oh and ah link

Atariangamer

!!! Wait! I didnt see the ones from you and Manny Cav. Here's what you do:

From the folder where you have TUCQ unzipped, there should be two .BAT files. Click one of these and TUCQ should play. If not, click the launcher, then click "Single map". Uh...Then go to where it says addons or PWADs or something and click the check box. Click the little 3 dots next to the line and select "CQUESTP2B3.wad" from the list. Set your settings and start it FROM THAT BOX. I think what you were doing was clicking 'Launch'. That launches chex.wad with no corrections. It usually gives you 'Signal handler' errors when trying it like that.

Big Burrit0

will this fix the problem of not saving my stuff

Dvader0086

Quote from: Big Burrit0 on May 18, 2008, 01:33:16 PM
Oh thanks man ....Helpful community  ;D

Edit: It doesnt light up, the admin box ...

Try clicking on that button and see if you can change it in there...

Big Burrit0

i tried everything and i cant get the box lit back up

oh and thanks atariangamer for helping me out ..it worked i can play all the levs

just the saving issue

Atariangamer

wai, wai, wai...Wha? What saving issue?

Is there a saving issue in TUCQ? Woah...I missed that!
And congrats on getting TUCQ to work. Its awesome looking.

Big Burrit0

oh yea the saving issue ...i will go in and play and save all my stuff all my settings ...then i get out and go back in its all gone  :-\

Atariangamer

oh. Thats a config error. Its kinda tricky to set one up...but I've had the same problem. Only problem is...I don't know what fixes it! Mebe xbolt could help us...he's really good in legacy

Replica

I don't think you can fix that. Just to run the orginal wad by clicking legacy.exe. unill theirs a GZdoom release.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

O_o That was even more confusing. By running the plain chex.wad, he can't save settings. By running TUCQ the right way, he can't save settings. Then you just told him to run plain chex.wad (what happens when you click legacy.exe). and that patch I posted in TUCQ forum kinda works...

Big Burrit0

Idk cuz i did all that you guys said and still no saving ....Vista Bug maybe ?

oh and  Dvader0086 i cant get the box to bold up so ...