Progress Report: July 15, 2013
Well the keys are no longer monsters that attack me, the chain holding up the cages are no longer spinning yellow keys, nor are the chains holding up the pot racks spinning green keys, a pan off the rack is no longer giving off teleport sparks, the spear in the the spear rack is not a chandelier, th suit of armour is not a morph ovum, and the trees at the end of episode 1 are no longer spawning pop pods.
There was also a number of troubles with the title screen I had to fix.
Using Heretic as the IWAD has actually been quite useful. It has helped me find a lot of problems that I would never have found otherwise.
In fact there are still some problems that will have to be worked out, but at least I know about them now.
Meanwhile, I am trying to make some progress on those long promised high res sprites we have all been waiting for.
Working in DAZ Studio with Genesis and a number of items from the store and others online for free where I can find them I am trying to do the characters as best I can.
Below is my version (so far) of the mutant.
I used Daz's "The Ghoul" morph for Genesis with a zombie skin from another product for Michael 4. I used Daz's morphing flattop hair and gave it a green tint as a tip of the hat to the zombie troopers from DooM, who have green flattops. The original version of the mutant has a hand sticking out of the middle of its chest holding a pistol. I thought that was kind of silly, so I decided to take a hint from the revenent in DooM II and give him a harness with shoulder mounted guns.
Now I just have to figure out how to animate him.
I am also working on Doktor Schabbs.