Author Topic: I think what would be a cool challenge is beat the game without using zorcher  (Read 803 times)

Offline underscore_flem

• Internet Explorer
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
The only flemoid you have to zorch is the boss in order to progress or you can noclip past him. Either would be fine.
I want to see if it is possible without dying.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 121
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
Oh, a "pacifist" run of sorts. It's been done for Doom, so I'm sure it could be done for Chex...

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 63
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
It would be interesting if somebody created a level or episode where stealth is required, and the player has a score based on how many enemies he avoids triggering.

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
I was going through my old posts and I saw this topic and I remembered, I actually tried this after I saw it! Unfortunately, itís much more difficult than in Doom because thereís no infighting in Chex. I was able to get to E1M3 but I couldnít get past it because the corridor leading to the exit is barely wider than the player/a flemoid, so itís not possible to get past them in that corridor. It could be doable by luring flemoids out of that area, which I tried, but by then you have a whole horde of flemoids following you around from the rest of the level...
Have not tried E2 or E3, though. I think the maze in E2M3 would be a bottleneck, but I think E3 might just be doable...Know what? Iíll try it now, why not?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:51:23 PM by noob1234 »

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
I'm pretty certain you can't get past the Flembrane on E1M5, nor can you win E2M5 or E3M5 without Zorching the Maximi and Lord Snotfulus. So, it's literally impossible for every episode.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
I think he meant other than that... Even so, there are too many bottlenecks to make it feasible. I just tried E2 and E3. For E2, yeah, I was right that E2M3 is impossible because the hedge maze is too narrow. But even before then, it was really difficult to get from the yellow door back to the blue door because of the same problem as E1M3, the buildup of a horde of flemoids following you everywhere. E3 gets impossible even sooner, at E3M2. Even if you somehow manage to get through the crazy horde that you encounter getting the yellow key, even if you manage to get the red key without a flemoid following you into the narrow corridor to get to it, you have the train. I don't think there's any getting through there without zorching any flemoids.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
I haven't tried this, but based on how I have to fight as the cleric in Hexen, how about using a fighting retreat for flemoids in the maze?

Just move backwards slowly while getting hits with your spoon. (Assuming the spoon doesn't count as a zorcher)

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
Oh, a spoon-only run? That shouldn't be too hard! :P

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
Yeah.  The cleric in Hexen starts out as a melee fighter, just like the fighter, but takes twice as many hits to take down an enemy as the fighter does, so he has to run up to an enemy, then slowly retreat to keep from getting hit while striking.

I figure since flemoids take a moment to do their attacks before dealing damage. the player can adopt a similar strategy.

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
Yeah, just did a spoon only run of E1. Not too bad.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting