Author Topic: DeiMWolf Progress Thread  (Read 32477 times)

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 61
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
Re: DeiMWolf Progress Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:48 AM »
Progress Report: September 2, 2017

Well, I finally got around to replacing the the font used for the in game text, including the victory screens and the options menus.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/316597558975791114/352244750071365633/Screenshot_Doom_20170829_195318.png

Meanwhile, I have also gotten Doktor Schabbs to throw his syringe, and added a temp version of the floating Hitler decoy.

I finally got around to changing all the floor lamps in the levels over to using the voxel version of the lamp shade instead of the sector based version I was already using.

I have been working on replacing the brick textures with higher resolution versions.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/316597558975791114/351521331021611008/Screenshot_Doom_20170827_193803.png

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:48 AM »

Offline Mrdzone

• professional human bean.
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Personal Text? Ehh... Cough syrup.
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2017, 01:49:43 AM »
When will we expect the next release?
I'm just a guy.

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »
Fantastic work Boingo!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »
When will we expect the next release?

I am attempting to complete a few of the animations before any release if I can.  I am tired of seeing the sprites switching back and forth between my rendered sprites and the W3D sprites.

That's the hold up right now.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2018, 02:52:28 AM »
I was busy throughout the Christmas season, so I was able to do much of anything on anything.

I was hoping the texture sets for the M3 Wizard Robes that I am using for the Hitler Decoys would go on special at some point between September and Christmas (mainly because one of the was supposed to be Father Christmas), but it never happened and my hopes were crushed.

I finally broke down and paid full price for one of the texture sets.

With a few tweaks to the colour, this is what the Hitler decoy looks like now.

Although it may change in the future.

Offline Mrdzone

• professional human bean.
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Personal Text? Ehh... Cough syrup.
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2018, 05:15:22 AM »
That looks nice!
I'm just a guy.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2018, 04:20:33 PM »
I had been trying to figure out how to get the Hitler decoy's robes to drop to the ground when it "dies" for the past couple of months.
Fortunately, by a strange and fortuitive coincidence, DAZ just added a new cloth simulation to DAZ Studio about a month ago.

If I can get the simulation to work for me, then I might be able to have the program do all the work, and end up with a better result for my effort.

If not, then you will likely hear a lot of cursing while I try to find an alternate method of achieving this effect.

So far I have had a lot of crashes trying to get it going, but I am still hopeful I can get it to work.

It *might* also be possible for me to get a bit of a wind blown look to the sprites like the originals if I am very lucky.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
Progress Report: February 11, 2018

Believe it or not, there is actually progress getting done.

I managed to get the decoy robes to drop as mentioned above.  DAZ Studio kept crashing when it was calculating the drop, but I eventually managed to get it to do it.

Doctor Schabbs is done ... sort of. 
Not all of the sprites I've rendered for him are actually in the game yet, but he has enough of them that all of his sequences are covered, without him switching to the old Wolfenstein 3D sprites at any point.  This technically makes him the first of the enemies I can called "finished".

New version of the 1up sphere (soulsphere). 75 made changes to the DECORATE for it, so it gives the player 25 bullets in addition to 100% health.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I swapped out the wood texture I was using for a public domain one I liked better from outworldz.com, with minor modifictions.

I replaced the metal wall eagle with a better version I had been working on.  The new version really pops, and looks much more 3 dimensional than the old version.  It also looks polished, instead of dull and tarnished, which is an improvement.

I went back and found the iron cross medal photo I used for the iron cross wood texture, and gave it the same treatment I gave the wall eagle.  Now it pops too.  All of the wood textures look a lot better now.

75 was helpful once again, as always, and helped me get some simple MD3 models working.  While I still really like using voxels, and will continue to use them (Ain't no way I'm changing the keys now!), some objects that have proven unsuitable for voxel objects will likely be replaced with MD3s.  The voxel barrel, for example, was causing a massive framerate drop whenever it was onscreen. Replacing it with a simple low poly barrel model I found on opengameart.org eliminated to framerate drop instantly, and even allowed me to add even more barrels with no ill effects.

The only problem with MD3  models is they require .PK3 format.  This means I will have to store the MD3s in a seperate .PK3 file for now, and will have to eventually convert DeiMWolf itself to .PK3 format at some point, which is something I have been loath to do until now.

A major bugbear at the moment is none other than the main baddie himself, Hitler.

I have had a morph that changes the face of Michael 4 into Mister Crazy for quite some time now, but there has been something that is not quite right. Michael 4 has a tall and slender male model proportioned body.  Hitler, on the other hand, is a stumpy looking Austrian with proportions nothing like Michael 4.  Unfortunately, Michael 4 does not appear to have the required morphs to reshape him into the needed shape.

I am going to have to think of something else.

Meanwhile, I did a little tinkering with a room on E1M8.  I have thought for a long time that it would look a lot better if the ceiling was raised and it had a steel support structure ...
... and ... well ...
it does.

As per usual, any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:40:56 AM by Boingo the Clown »

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
Your changes look great! The falling cloth texture is excellent as well. Those steel supports really does add to the room and seems to fix a lot of the empty feel Wolfenstien had. Something does seem a bit off to me about them though. Some of the beams are larger than others. I get why you did this, though. Perhaps it's just the angle of the image.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting