Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Nisk

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Hello
« on: May 29, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
Hello. I've been lurking on these forums for about 3 years now and finally decided to make an account. I've been playing on the IFOC servers during that time under the name ZorchKiwi, though as of now I'm changing it to Nisk for consistency with every other game I play.

I remember playing Chex Quest as a kid, though I don't remember actually getting it in a cereal box. It was quite a while before I realized there was more than one level, so I guess E1M1 was just so good that it could keep me entertained for days. When I looked it up a few years ago and discovered Chex Quest 3 (and 2), I was pumped.

I'm pretty much always willing to play a few rounds of multiplayer, regardless of whatever work I should be doing. In fact, I even wrote a stupid little Java app that would query the number of players on the Chex Quest servers each minute and alert me whenever someone joined. It saw some good use, but I think it would be simpler to specifically arrange to meet on the servers, which I will do in the future. My Steam username is also Nisk; please feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm looking forward to joining this community for real.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Hello
« on: May 29, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 30
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 12:56:04 AM »
Finally! another introductions topic!

Hi! I am awesomedude, one of your fellow chex quest fans here, and welcome to the chex quest community!

Beware the west wing, the purple lampposts there want your soul. the only known counter to the lampposts is ginger ale. keep ginger ale on your person at all times.

And, you can check out the myriad of fan projects here in the fan projects section! my fan project is a new quest, I am revising/redoing all of the maps in episode 1.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline MajorSlime

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 04:27:53 AM »
Hallo! Have you tried my Capture Point maps? I finally got them stable enough to host a 24/7 server, courtesy of 75 :D

I would love to play with you online anytime. Actually, can I have a copy of that app? :P

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »
Yeah, give us the app!
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline Nisk

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »
I have tried out the Capture Point maps, I'll leave some feedback about them over in the discussion thread shortly.

About the app, I haven't used it for some time but it seems to still work. I've attached the jar file to this post. If you have Java installed you should just be able to double-click it from anywhere to start it. It checks 75's Duel, Zorchmatch, and CTF servers and gives you the number of players and ping. The Suspend button pauses it until you press Resume, and the Launch option becomes available whenever someone is on a server and starts Zandronum with the necessary files loaded and connects you. A message pops up whenever someone joins which, if I remember correctly, also has the option to launch the game.

Unfortunately it doesn't check the new Capture Point Alpha server. I could try to find the source code and update it if there's demand. I would also consider trying to contribute a similar feature to Doomseeker if I could figure out how Bitbucket and open source development in general work.

Offline MajorSlime

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »
Dang man, that's nice! Soooo useful XD

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
Hi Zorchkiwi, I remember seeing you in the servers

that app sounds neat, thanks for posting it!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Hey, welcome! I look forward to seeing you around these forums, and maybe even playing some games with you :)

Offline Nisk

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »
I think I might have actually played you once already, a long time ago. Some names here seem familiar from games I played years ago (as ZorchKiwi).

Offline MajorSlime

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 02:17:08 AM »
I may have actually played with you too. I seem to remember your name. In Zand, I go by "MajorSlime[CM]"

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 72
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 04:25:08 AM »
Howdy howdy howdy! :whale

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
Welcome! :caineware
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »
I never posted an introduction topic when I was new... ::)

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting