ChexBox?

Started by Ether Bot, July 21, 2014, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ether Bot

Is there a way to play chex quest on the XBox? as in the original? not the 360 or the one?
When In don't, doubt!

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

I do not know about XBox, but Ouya recently got a DooM source port called "DooMGLES", meaning Chex Quest can be played as a PWAD. This will mean the flemoids shoot back instead of being melee enemies.

Bsically, if the is a port of DooM for Xbox (and there probably is) you can play Chex Quest.

The Cool Man

Hmm...I wonder if CQ on android is possible...CQ for Kindle Fire?

Awesomedude249

Yeah....I tried it using PRBooM4Android and moved a chex quest pwad into the DooM folder. I tried loading the IWAD, no success.  :(
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

There's an iOS port that works... I don't see why there wouldn't be a working Android port

Loremaster

Well, in theory maybe. If you modded your firmware, you might be able to run it as a PWAD atop the DooM3 Collector's Edition copy of DooM. However, I don't know if it is possible, I've never seen it done, and I don't recommend it.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Boingo the Clown

Having played a few FPS games on XBox and Ouya now, I find the controlers for those machines very awkward to play with.

I guess after 22 years (starting with Wolfenstein 3D) of playing with a keyboard and mouse, it is very hard to get used to moving around with a couple of thumb sticks.

I can definitely understand that, I've tried playing Doom with a controller, it was extremely awkward compared to the keyboard.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

IMO, there are games for controller, and games for keyboard+mouse. In general, FPS' work better with keyboard+mouse simply due to more mobility. However, I am quite ok playing any FPS w/ controller, for the simple reason that I started out on an original Xbox, and so am familiar with playing an FPS with a controller. I still say keyboard+mouse offers more flexibility though :P
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Awesomedude249

Heh, I've tried mouse, but keyboard is better IMO. My mousd skills are teh suck.

MajorSlime

... Keyboard+Mouse is a combination used together. You don't use one without the other. >_<
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

You can use a keyboard without the mouse... Not vice versa, though.

Awesomedude249

I walk, look and shoot with just the mouse sometimes.

noob1234

Walk with the mouse? What button do you have bound for walk? I mean I guess you could have one of the primary mouse buttons as that, but then you'd have no alt-fire. (Or you could have that as depressing the scroll wheel, which I did when my right-click wasn't working so well... But that's beside the point) Then what do you use for the "use" key, jump, crouch...? And you'd have no ability to backpedal.