ChexBox?

Started by Ether Bot, July 21, 2014, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomedude249

Okay, well, I use the spacebar for use, and I click and hold down on the scroll wheel to walk, and left-click to shoot. So I only use one keyboard key except for when I'm using jump.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

No wonder you're "not that good" with a mouse :P

Awesomedude249

Heh, yeah...I don't normally play with a mouse anyways. I use the good ol' keyboard.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

No WASD, space for jump, E for use, mouselook, and mouse buttons for fire/altfire?

MajorSlime

Quote from: noob1234 on July 24, 2014, 03:38:05 AM
No WASD, space for jump, E for use, mouselook, and mouse buttons for fire/altfire?

This is the way you play. Plus shift for crouch (or C for toggle crouch, depends what your used to)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Nisk

In the original Doom engine (and in Zandronum if you have mouselook off) you can move forward by moving the mouse forward and backward by moving it backward. Which is an utterly terrible idea.

EDIT: Didn't notice the second page but I guess this is still relevant

noob1234

Unless you have a trackball mouse! Then you can just roll the ball!

Nisk

So hold the mouse in one hand and reach under it and roll the ball with your other?

Boingo the Clown

Usually it is the centre button or the mouse wheel.

MajorSlime

Quote from: noob1234 on July 24, 2014, 02:50:28 PM
Unless you have a trackball mouse! Then you can just roll the ball!

Quote from: Nisk on July 24, 2014, 03:05:18 PM
So hold the mouse in one hand and reach under it and roll the ball with your other?

With a trackball mouse, you can rapidly move the mouse forward, then lift it off the pad into midair to put a spin on the ball, keeping it going for a bit on its own. At least, that's what I remember from using one; haven't used one in a LONG while XD
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

What I meant was one of these...

But that works too xD

Boingo the Clown

Ether Bot

What happened to all this? Also no suggestions worked, I can't get the X Box to accepted the disc as a real thing, it just acts like I closed the tray with nothing in it.

But what happened here? it turned to a "HOW TO OPTIMISE YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE" thing. Also, I usually use "Q" to run just because it's closer and I can still manipulate the keyboard.
When In don't, doubt!

Loremaster

Because what you want to do is not easy. In fact, it would require modifying your xbox quite a bit.  You'd be better off just connecting a controller to your PC if you want the "console shooter experience".
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Awesomedude249

Finally! Someone's getting back on topic!