A Chex Quest 2 video from the old chexquest.com site?

Started by celebi23, June 01, 2008, 03:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebi23

So, I'm on a bit of a CQ kick right now & saw something that caught my eye & was wondering if there's any truth to it

on http://cqalliance.tripod.com/ , there's a posting about a Chex Quest 2 video that was on the website when the sequel was being offered to be downloaded.

Quote10/27/03: Important announcement! I have recieved word that there was a Chex Quest 2 movie released over the internet from chexquest.com when the game came out. I am requesting that anyone who has it send it in immediatly! This important historical document must be preserved and spread!

So, might there be any truth to this?

Atariangamer

Yes, its more than likely true. The only problem is that everyone wanted the game, not the intro. It might have been possible to get it via archive.org, but they caught the site too late. Everytime we try to ask the creators or other people about it, they don't remember it or don't have it...IDK, some of the older members may have more info than me.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Loremaster

Heh, yeah I remember posting that.

I don't believe it is true, considering who I originally got that information from and the lack of any available data on it actually existing. The member who originally told us that has since been discovered to have a bit of a hobby of embellishing the truth, and was eventually perma-banned back on the old board.

I did a lot of digging for it back in the day, checking through even the seedier segments of the 'net for it. Never even saw a single screencap. I didn't even turn up any dead links for it, which pretty much indicates it never existed.

If it existed on the Internet, it'd still be out there. Especially something as high-profile as that. If the creators of the game themselves don't remember it, then it probably never existed.

Sorry to burst the bubble.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

celebi23

ah, gotcha.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Just thought it a bit weird that there never was an intro movie to CQ2

thepspumd

actually,there was One.i distincly rememember it as a kid because i watched it more times then i could count.how ever,it was not a Game intro video.it was a trailer to the game,because of the limited amount of ownership of CD burners at the time, i couldn't burn it to a disk{heck,i installed Windows 95 from 40 3 "5" Floppy discs} It wasn't muich to speak of,but still cool.I'll describe it for you all ,as I'm sure noone will probably ever see this video again.

The scene slows down to a city.The chex warrior returns to the city,and is cheered by fans and everyone as a hero.

The sun sets,and darkness falls over the city.a Police officer notices something green on a banana peel,and throws it down to the ground.

The green liquid seeps off the banana peel,and gently seeps into the sewer. A green Worm flemoid peeks it's head out of the sewer,and havok reaks on the city

The Chex Warrior sees the Flemoid,and runs after it,saying I will zorch you for the last time{how cheesy...}

Then it said"Chex Quest 2,coming soon,the Mission Continues"

so it was never an intro movie,but it was a prelude to the story.

hope this helps!

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

That sounds cool, thepspumd, but unfortunately, like in the other topic, that was necromancy, so I'm going to have to lock this topic.

EDIT: Since the Chex Quest section has been exempted from the bumping rule, I'm unlocking this topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010